Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge >

Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge

Notices

Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge

Old 06-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge

Here's a link to a video of the Jag at the bridge to bridge 2004 in Sacramento. Pretty fast, but not quite as fast as the Eliminator that day.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Dougs-Jag
Old 06-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge

Thanks. Doug sent me a CD with this on it. How're are his new Pfaff engines coming?
Due
Old 06-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

This video was actually the first pass of the day...also not as fast as some of the ELIMINATORS..hehe
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=The-Jag
Old 07-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool vid

Is or was that a no wake zone ?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

LAYDOWN!!! That Some Cool SH@T!!!

Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, I finally ran my new motors over the weekend. They ran fine but since i was at Lake Tahoe and at 6000 ft. it was kind of hard to determine speed numbers. They ran fine and at this point that is all that I can hope for. It has been a very long repower session. I wrote about bad luck and I'm not over it yet. Cruising across Tahoe at around 90 m.p.h. heading for the golf tournament, I lost a prop blade, thought I lost a drive, what a vibration. Limped back on one motor. I really didn't like those 5 blades very much anyway. I'll send the pair to Brent at bblades to see if he can save them. How has the big Jag project been coming along? I will be in this years bridge to bridge which is coming up this weekend but I cann't turn in the numbers that some of these other boats can. It should be fun though. Doug
Old 07-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
What didn't you like about the 5 blade props? I've been considering them too.

The Jag is at the upholstery shop for installation of the side and aft panels. Engines, etc. are in, most of the wiring and lines are complete.
Ran into a problem with the headers/tailpipes.
Seems the headers have flange angles for Big Chief-style heads. We're not using BC, but standard-type heads. The result is that the headers tilt in towards the engine too much and don't align with the tailpipes. (tailpipes come together at the transom in welded 2 tube-Y's, so they can't be moved)

Stellings is sending an angle adapter for trial fit and hopefully that will fix the problem. If it does, they'll make the others. If not, they'll custom make parts.
Randy at Stellings has been fantastic to work with. He's spent a lot of time discussing this and also working with me to design down tubes. Hats off to Stellings!

Getting close.
John
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John, The five blade props just didn't pull any big numbers like I expected. Try to borrow some before you buy. I will be trying to match my one remaining good five blade. They ran great for a mid range cruise and even okay to 110. I am taking down the props that i ran last year at the Bridge event but am going to run more boost and some good gas. I cann't compete with boats with as much power and half the weight, so I just want to have fun. The river will be flat and the Jags like it rough so I just want to turn in a respectable speed. These Pfaff motors seem strong but the Cobra motors on my shelf sure had a much nastier sound. What did the interior of your Jag run you if I may ask? I will need to go through mine this winter. A shorter project than repowering I hope. I'll have my buddy post clips of this years Bridge to Bridge run. Take care. Doug
Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Randy is great at Stelling. He's worked there forever. I take my headers to him every winter to polish and pressure check them. Fresno is about three hours from Sacramento. Doug
Old 07-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
Sent you an email about the interior costs. The side and aft panels were custom molded off of the interior of the cockpit/canopy areas using composites and then covered with a material similar, but more durable than Ultra Leather.

They are also covering the carbon fiber seat shells later this year (after sea trials).

Good info about the props: thanks!
John

Quick Reply: Jaguar video from Bridge to Bridge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.