35 zr vs. 38 zr vs. xz

Notices

35 zr vs. 38 zr vs. xz

Old 03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 35 zr vs. 38 zr vs. xz

Please help! Thanks!

I've been looking hard (almost pulled the trigger) on a couple of boats that I thought were perfect for my needs: first a Formula 353 Fastech and the other a Nordic 35' Flame. There just isn't a Formula out there that I like (graphics) and there is really only one Nordic that I like and it doesn't seem to really be for sale.

Which brings me here. I should have looked a lot closer at Donzi. I started looking this weekend at the 35 zr but I don't think that it is much bigger than my Baja 302 (please let me finish before you all start cursing me). I'm looking for a bigger cockpit, bigger cabin and more speed and I just think that the 35 zr looks "tight".

So, questions:

How tight is the 35' zr?
How does the 38 zr compare in size of cockpit/cabin (other than 3')?
How fast does a 38' really go with 525's? 90?
What is the difference in the zx?
Are those vents on both sides of the sunpad of the zr?

I appreciate any feedback that you can give. Thanks!!

Last edited by TCBoss302; 03-03-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was good to talk to you this morning. Call me if I can help.

Frankie
www.pier57.com
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

If you want more space you may want to consider a 38zx there are some dealers with them, or a used 33zx.. They have more depth than the Zr & more space. Because of that they are usually a little slower in stock form. However they still move & ride like a dream.. I understand the space issues, thats one of the reasons I have a zx.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

You need to stay way from the staggard motors and lowprofile decks if you want space.....but your going to be giving away speed on the same power. How about a 33 Active Thunder....if you can find one.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
You need to stay way from the staggard motors and lowprofile decks if you want space.....but your going to be giving away speed on the same power. How about a 33 Active Thunder....if you can find one.
AT (with the same motors) is 40-50K more than the boats I'm looking at. I just got a PM from a guy that has spent some time on Donzi zr's and he said the same thing you did. In fact, he said he couldn't even sit on the couches without hitting his head. That won't work for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
AT (with the same motors) is 40-50K more than the boats I'm looking at. I just got a PM from a guy that has spent some time on Donzi zr's and he said the same thing you did. In fact, he said he couldn't even sit on the couches without hitting his head. That won't work for me.
Sounds like my fountain....no head room inside.

Just get a donzi zx. Will be pleny fast with a couple 500's and you will have real room.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o15391-en.html

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o11333-en.html

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 03-05-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Sounds like my fountain....no head room inside.

Just get a donzi zx. Will be pleny fast with a couple 500's and you will have real room.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o15391-en.html

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o11333-en.html
The 38 ZX is a little more than I want. BIG/Heavy!! I guess I want my cake and eat it too. I think I'm going to a dealer this weekend and sit in a ZR. That will help me make a decision.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
had the same problem, love the looks,cockpit,dash,and ride but when we went in the cabin could not sit up without leaning over,
if it had the headroom i would probably pull the trigger on one.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

I have a 33ZX Daytona with big power (Mercury 600scs )it has the biggest cabin you will find in a 33 footer.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

I was going from a Baja 29OL. I looked hard at the 35ZR. I love the looks and love the dash. Its just seemed very,very tight like you said. I would be hard pressed to say the cockpit was the same size as my 29OL. The cabin was bigger(not higher). Just had the head and gally but was definately shorter(hit my head when sitting on the couch).
I ended up with a Baja 35OL. Trust me I want speed. A 35OL with 525's will do about mid 80's.
The cockpit is hudge and the cabin is plenty big also. Just sacrifice in speed. I have 496ho's.

I really woulod love to hear also about the comparison of the 35ZR vs 38ZR.
Good luck it what you decide

Last edited by bowtye8; 03-16-2008 at 11:42 AM.