Four Stainless Marine Risers $500 >

Four Stainless Marine Risers $500

Notices

Four Stainless Marine Risers $500

Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Stainless Marine Risers $500

I have Four (4) Stainless Marine Risers for sale.
Early SSM risers
They are Standard Bravo long low rise SSM risers.
For use with SSM manifolds
They have been sitting in my basement since 1996. I recieved these with my boat when I purchased it in 1996 but I never installed them.
I was going to use them on my boat but went with the shorter risers so could run mufflers.

I had cleanly cut two brackets off two of them, but i will include the brackets. I polished the risers at that time (two years ago). At that time I found short risers and these went back into the box in my basement.
Two of the risers have a 12-90 build date engraved into them. I'm assuming the other two were built at the same time, since they were all on the same boat.

I have no way of leak checking these, that's why the price is $500.00 for all 4

They weigh about 20 lbs EACH so figure shipping from Lombard IL 60148.
$500 plus shipping for all four
Dan Swanson
630-772-3825
Attached Thumbnails Four Stainless Marine Risers 0-risers4-side.jpg   Four Stainless Marine Risers 0-riser-end..jpg   Four Stainless Marine Risers 0-riser-date.jpg  

Last edited by Zanie; 07-31-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Can anybody use these?
Make me an offer.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hmm you have my interest. How long are they?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanie
I have Four (4) Stainless Marine Risers for sale.
Early SSM risers
They are Standard Bravo long low rise SSM risers.
For use with SSM manifolds
They have been sitting in my basement since 1996. I recieved these with my boat when I purchased it in 1996 but I never installed them.
I was going to use them on my boat but went with the shorter risers so could run mufflers.

I had cleanly cut two brackets off two of them, but i will include the brackets. I polished the risers at that time (two years ago). At that time I found short risers and these went back into the box in my basement.
Two of the risers have a 12-90 build date engraved into them. I'm assuming the other two were built at the same time, since they were all on the same boat.

I have no way of leak checking these, that's why the price is $500.00 for all 4

They weigh about 20 lbs EACH so figure shipping from Lombard IL 60148.
$500 plus shipping for all four
Dan Swanson
630-772-3825
I think I know those!
Steve
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Hey Steve! Good to hear from you! What are you up to?

That’s right; these are your old risers that you bought NEW for your Velocity. Unfortunately the matching manifolds were absconded by thieves in about 1994 or 95 along with the engines. The thieves tossed these into the cabin of the Excalibur when they stole the engines! Clearly they were car guys. That would have been the last time these had any exhaust running thru them.

Throttle Fever: The length is about 17 inches long with a 4 inch drop. I can email you pics with a couple tape measures next to the risers so you can clearly see. PM me your email address or email it to me at: dannys1956 at Yahoo.com.
I can’t post any more pics in this thread.
Thanks!
Dan
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Throttle Fever: The length is about 17 inches long with a 4 inch drop. I can email you pics with a couple tape measures next to the risers so you can clearly see. PM me your email address or email it to me at: dannys1956 at Yahoo.com.
Thanks!
Dan

Dan. I will be up at the lake this weekend and see if those will do the trick. What is the differance if any from the early risers as stated to a new style. Unless you are talking about the Gen 3 manifolds as the new style. Thinking of removing my captains call and just installing some mufflers out on the tips. I have the short SSM's on rite now. Does the water enter the exhaust stream at the end of the pipes or up stream from the tail. Thats how the pic's look just checking. Also looks to be a bunch of rust or corrosion in the pipe? 4" drop is using a straight edge of the bottom of the inlet side of the pipe and measured too? Top, center or bottom of outlet. Just want to have the measurments rite so I do not mess it up.

Pete

Last edited by Throttle Fever; 09-10-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanie
Hey Steve! Good to hear from you! What are you up to?

That’s right; these are your old risers that you bought NEW for your Velocity. Unfortunately the matching manifolds were absconded by thieves in about 1994 or 95 along with the engines. The thieves tossed these into the cabin of the Excalibur when they stole the engines! Clearly they were car guys. That would have been the last time these had any exhaust running thru them.

Thanks!
Dan
They only had about 20 hours on them when I sank the Velocity! They should be good the Stainless stuff last forever even in the salt.
Steve
Old 09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

They only had about 20 hours on them when I sank the Velocity! They should be good the Stainless stuff last forever even in the salt.
Steve

Steve,
Would love to hear that story. Appreciate the input on the condition. Pete
Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be interested in them too. However, I need manifolds though. 2 cracked ones are getting a little iritating.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by djmadmatt
I might be interested in them too. However, I need manifolds though. 2 cracked ones are getting a little iritating.
Matt Do you need the long or short (assuming you need long). If I purchase these will sell you my shorts. Pete

Quick Reply: Four Stainless Marine Risers $500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.