Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Pondering A Move To Miami...Info Help? >

Pondering A Move To Miami...Info Help?

Notices

Pondering A Move To Miami...Info Help?

Old 01-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Pondering A Move To Miami...Info Help?

So, I have been lurking here for a while and see that there is a TON of information about anything and everything that has anything to do with performance boating...very cool, indeed!

My request is more about geography here...I am currently living in Las Vegas...That being said, as an original east coaster, I have started to think hard about Miami...

I am single, 36, and am self-employed, so I don't have a need to deal with a new job..

It seems like there are a lot of cool waterfront bars/restaurants to go to with the boat...? Lots of fellow go-fast boaters, too!

Can you guys in the know maybe chime in with your .02 on the area, the lifestyle there, boating, etc...? Right area to live in (looking for a waterfront house with a dock...$750,000-$1,250,000 or so...?)

Anything that you can point out in general that I may want to know/consider about this move would be terrific!

Thanks,

J
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered

Miami is the Place to be!!! Wish we were there right now.

Get in touch with cashbar here. Do a quick search and you'll find him. He's your OSO connection for spots & Real Estate.

Donnie
Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

I've lived here for more than half a century.... I don't sell real estate but can send you in some directions.... Cash does Broward if your looking north of Miami... the deals down here now are the best iv'e seen in 25 years... long term I think we've got it going on, but this short term bump sure hurts...

JH
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Lived here all my life.With your budget and employment the Upper Keys seem to be attractive since you can get a great deal on a waterfront property with plenty of dockage space.The Broward thing is very attractive if you prefer more of a city lifestyle with plenty of Waterfront homes just a little bit up on the price.Of course being in the city is alittle bit more attractive if this is what you prefer,If you want to stay away from the middle of Miami or Broward, your best bet would be the Upper Keys.This would put you approx.30 minutes away from anywhere in Miami and would offer a great option for the boating experience.By water you would not be far from anywhere and you would have access to everything this living has to offer Nightlife, Boating, Waterfront living and some privacy to say the least...It all comes down to what type of a lifestyle do you prefer, (laid back or hectic )...Anyways, both options are attractive.I have family in both scenarios and some prefer the keys for its atmosphere and liad back living and others prefer the city lights..I pefer the laid back water living with access to the water 24/7 and the ability to take off either way and be there in 30 on my boat..If you need some assistance I would be more than happy to steer you in the right direction as I am involved in the market myself and have plenty of friends that do the Real Estate thing..Thanks,Joe
Old 01-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Default Wow!

Thanks for all the info so far,,,,! As for location, I have been thinking about Mami Beach or maybe Coral Gables, or that area....Thoughts?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Plenty of property to choose from in the Gables, (Cocoplum,Gables by the Sea and a couple more..), just a little pricier than the rest..As for the beach, you have limited SFR(single family homes) and the prices are way up.Obviously, not like before, but still up there if waterfront is your choice.Star Island, Hibiscus Island, La Gorce etc...these are the money areas on the beach, also the obvious Fisher Island....Anyways, this should keep you occupied for a while..Joe
Old 01-04-2009, 04:37 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

I grew up virtually across the street from CocoPlum, when it was mud and swamp... nothing in there for your budget,,, Gables by the Sea is a huge maybe, but I like that area... upper end of the Gables Waterway might work, like west of US1... Gables taxes tend to choke... on the Beach is a toss up by specific locale, lot of variables... Drew Kerns is a good friend and is a realtor that cater's to those specific area's, real good straightup guy, markets nothing but GOOD listings....

JH
Old 01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered

If you are interested in working with a professional..Look up Amy Mitchell, she works with Coldwell Banker in Miami and is very knowledgeable..She can guide you in the right direction and answer any questions or concerns you might have..
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

Hows it going J,

Just saw your posting and figured id reply since i work with real estate in Miami and Marco island, Florida. Right now im an agent /investor in the process of getting my brokers license so i can run my own brokerage.
Well that being said, you are right on target wanting to live in MIAMI. One of my best friends here worked in Vegas for the past few years and then came here and now he loves it just like me. Its warm all year and something is always going on.
I relocated here from NJ after graduating from the U. So If you need any help with real estate in Miami just send me a message since im here and deal with it all the time. I can also fill u in on the hot spots on the beach.

Make sure you check out Gables by the Sea and Cocoplum as mentioned above because they sure are beautiful places. Since your coming from Vegas Im guessing your looking for something on Hibiscus island , Palm island or Sunny isles close to Miami Beach(south beach) where the night life is. They all have waterfront homes available at great prices right now. killer deals. More like steals. well take care and message me if u want me to look up some waterfront real estate deals so u have an idea of the price range and lifestyle u can potentially have here
Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=BUIZILLA;2770172]I've lived here for more than half a century.... I don't sell real estate but can send you in some directions.... Cash does Broward if your looking north of Miami... the deals down here now are the best iv'e seen in 25 years... long term I think we've got it going on, but this short term bump sure hurts...

JH[/QUOTE
A little off the direct topic but here goes:
I was thinking of getting a winter condo there but would like to know if there is anywhere to store a 47 Fountain on the trailer (preferably with fresh water launch to wet launch it)

Quick Reply: Pondering A Move To Miami...Info Help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.