Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Optima batteries or not for all teams??? >

Optima batteries or not for all teams???

Notices

Optima batteries or not for all teams???

Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Optima batteries or not for all teams???

Just a queston..........If a team comes in in the middle of the season or they just wanna race 2 or 3 races do they still have to run Optima batteries??? Or is this stipulation just to the teams that start the season and make all the races?? Then if they show up and dont have Optima batteries or battery are they aloud to still race?? If they are aloud to race will it only be for trophy or $ and trophy? I thought I remembered hearing at the awards banquet that ALL boats must run Optima batteries for the 2011 race season. Am I wrong??

Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going to run in a few OPA races this season, register by May 1st so you'll get a free battery or two. All batteries will be sent from OPTIMA to the teams so you'll have them for Atlantic City.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

what Ron said...and it was also my belief that if you are not registered by May1st, you will NOT receive the free battery offer and WILL have to have Optima's in your boat to race which if not registered by May1st becomes the boat owners expense to purchase the batteries.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I got all that guys but what I'm asking is if a guy throws a team together in August and wants to come race 3 races with us, OPA, 1) do they still have to pay the $1000 to join OPA, 2) Must they run Optima batteries in there boat to even race, or is it ok for them to run what they brung even know the season is almost over 3) Will they run for $ or just trophy or both?

I think this better shows what I want to know.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey John,

Yes, all teams pay the same registration fee regardless of how many races they attend or at what point in the season they join OPA.

Yes, you will always run for points, trophies and money, regardless of when you join.

Yes you will be required to run OPTIMA batteries to race in OPA this season. We'll try to work out something with OPTIMA for late season registrations. We'll look into it after May 1st.

Ask again around May 15th. As long as it's just a handful of boats, we will try to accomodate you. However, WE REALLY WANT ALL TEAMS TO REGISTER BY MAY 1st. This will allow us to get all the computer work done ahead of time and get everything corrected before the season starts.

And just think, then you won't need to stand on line for an hour in Atlantic City and do it face to face.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Ron. This isn't for me, it was just a general question I had.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

While we are on the subject of OPTIMA BATTERIES, my boat has been rigged with smaller than normal battery boxes with small but very light and powerful batteries that are located practically under the engines.

Judging from the OPTIMA website they do not manufacture a small enough battery to fit into my battery baoxes.

Ron or Smitty do you have any suggestions that do not require rerigging the boat for different size batteries ?

Ray
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Racer
Racer

I'm wondering how many teams are already registered and are taking advantage of the Optima Battery offer? Maybe a show of hands will spark some interest from some other potential sponsors.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

im not yet BUT i will be by the 1st !
Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not yet but i will tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.