Any companies hiring? >

Any companies hiring?

Notices

Any companies hiring?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1,331 Likes on 743 Posts
Default Any companies hiring?

Does anyone know of companies hiring in the Port Charlotte / Naples area?

My current job has me on the road almost 100% of the time with hours that are unbelievably long and I found out it will be getting worst, so I am looking for something else.

My background is an ASEET degree, and have spent most of the last 22 years as some type of system engineer/ or project manger. Most of the jobs traveling both domestic and international. Pretty much have a knack for system stuff and grew up making, designing and getting things to work. Doesn’t matter if it is mechanical or electronics.

At this point I am an instrument tech on environmental equipment servicing power plants and that is the field I want to get out of.

Previous jobs, Program manager at the same type of company, Manufacturing engineer at a bio medical research company, 12 years as an Senior Audio System engineer for HK (OEM), and then back to the Bio Medical Company as a Program manger.

To tell you the truth I just want something tech or engineer that I would at least 75% of the time come home at night. My wife is a Nurse Practitioner at the VA and would transfer to the new center in Cape Coral/Fort Meyers.

Oh yea, I am an Airbrush artist (hence the Wildman Grafix), but because of the work schedule have not even picked up an airbrush in 2 years.

Sorry for the long post but thought why not give it a shot applying on the Internet seems to go nowhere, why not try my OSO brothers.

Any lead would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-Phil
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry I have no leads wildman. Hope it works out for ya. I work away from home a lot so I know the feeling but I work on a boat so it's ok. Once I finish my license upgrade ill be able to go to even time. Can't wait.

If ya need any info on the cape let me know.

Mike
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

No problem man, never know if you don't ask.

Looks like I will be working in ft Myers next wendesday / Thursday if you r around maybe we can get a beer.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wildman, good luck with the job hunt, times are tough. don't know anything about your fields but this area probably doesn't offer anything more than where your at, being Orlando a bigger city.

might try port charlotte since you might be able to commute to Sarasota or tampa.

nothing worse than working for a company and being told that you need to do more for less.

good luck
Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I won't be back in town until 5/28. Good luck with your search.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

I work for Wheelabrator Technologies. We have several plants in south Fl. Check the website for career opportunities. Might be some E&I techs needed.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Hi Sonic,

Thanks, I checked and there is nothing in the area's that we are looking. To tell you the truth though, after spending 2 days at the West Palm Beach waste burner I do not know how people work at these every day. i can't seem to get the smell out of my nose!!!.

Cheers,