Y2K with a Konrad? >

Y2K with a Konrad?

Notices

Y2K with a Konrad?

Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y2K with a Konrad?

Has anyone run one this way? Thoughts? While the greater weight would be an issue, not having to worry about drives would be nice.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

MDG Performance rigged his new w a Konrad.
You can find the build and info w a search.

OCCJoe now owns it.
Iirc he ditched the Konrad.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dba900
Has anyone run one this way? Thoughts? While the greater weight would be an issue, not having to worry about drives would be nice.
My boat was a Konrad boat. There is another in Canada that has the Konrad siting there waiting to be rigged and Huntingtonbeach Robs boat is sitting under Coen's house with the drive still in the crate beside the boat but It has been under water and probably will never be finished ..
The one thing I can say is Konrad's SUCK ! They SUCK , THEY SUCK . They are probably ok to use under 600hp but after mine broke I did my research and found six other OSO members that broke Konrads with only 800hp and low hours . One guy busted his with 8hrs on it and they charged him $7500 for the repair . Their service SUCKS and they straight up lied to me and said they would fix it for $4700 then it went up to almost $10000 . And before anyone come on this thread and starts BoHoing I've got all my text , PM's and emails saved so I can back up everything I'm telling you .. Further more the finish on the Konrads is the worst in the industry . At 3 years old it had the worst corrosion of anything I owned and when I ask them about it they said that it was because I lived at the beach . Well it sits next to my TRS of 15 years that still looks new , Three outboards sitting at my house that haven't corroded not to mention nothing else on the same boat corroded . Only the KONRAD !
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ! You want a tranny/outdrive combo Find a #4 or #5 . You wanna keep it simple light and fast and still be able to run 1000HP , Put a Imco SCX on the back .
If you want the links to all the other threads that have Konrad horror stories I shot you a PM ..
Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

How do you really feel?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Registered

Ok, good to know. It sure sounds like a Bravo derivative is the way to go.