Nordic heat adding air vents to engine compartment >

Nordic heat adding air vents to engine compartment

Notices

Nordic heat adding air vents to engine compartment

Old 02-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic heat adding air vents to engine compartment

Wanting to add intake air vents to engine compartment to feed the whipple more air. Questions are I've seen pics of how most have been doing this above bench seat would like to know for those that have done this was there a noticeable difference such as mph noise etc. any added pics would be great I'm thinking about making a custom fiberglass mesh screen set up to go almost completely across that area any thoughts if that's over kill?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I did this exact thing on my rage, if I had to do it over again I would do one on each side opposed to the center, got a noticeable amount of "sucking" noise from the throttle body, I simply cut a 2x14 hole and bought a billet vent, looked great and being in that recess it wasn't in the way of passengers backs on the bench seat
Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Registered

Did you get any more mph?
Old 02-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mach 1 2450
Did you get any more mph?
I'm sure it helped but i never intended on seeing a pickup from doing it, I did it to just lower engine compartment temps, which should be better in all aspects, most of my pickup was from prop work, my rage ran a best of 78 with a stock 496ho with cmi etops and a labed 28 from cutting edge
Old 02-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Registered

That's understandable I'm just grasping for any more I can get out of my setup my well built long block is looking for more air the 2.3 whipple is just not enough I would like to upgrade my blower but I would have to buy a new kit maybe I will just sell my combo and start over more cubes and bigger blower lol. I'm going to start playing around with more props this spring I'm sure that will help