2009 zxo

Notices

2009 zxo

Old 09-16-2017, 03:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 zxo

Hi

First time post. Great site, thanks guys.

I'm currently living in southern Spain close to Puerto Banus and looking for my first boat. Never realised how big the boating world is until I started looking for something cool. I've bought my fair share of cars and bikes, but man, Boating's another dimension.

After a hard search I'm looking at a 2009 Donzi ZXO, with 70 hours 496 HO (gas is expensive down here remember), one owner, all paperwork from new, well maintained and in close to perfect order.

Q:

- I was under the impression that the last of these were manufactured in 2008, am I missing something?

- Aside from the fact its possibly not twins and has less HP than I expect you guys would suggest, is there anything I should be worried about?

Lastly, if you are nice to me, I will send you great pics of the Playboy's port and possibly some of the boat in question. Hehe

Cheers
Old 10-12-2017, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one with the twin 350s and think it is a great boat. depending on the water you boat on, it can get a little rough but very solid boat.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2008 was the last production year, if I'm not mistaken. Could have been an 08' that was sold new in 09' to him and that's why he's advertising as 09', but I do believe they stopped production on them after 08.

Yes, the HP would be an issue for some, but we aren't all wired the same. A 496HO is a tank and at 70 hours, she has a lot of life left if she was serviced regularly. I'd still take the time and money and have the engine checked for reassurance, but 70 hrs is incredibly low. I doubt there would be much to worry about with a 70hr boat.