Info 38’ Donzi 710 Ilmor W/Teague Platinum >

Info 38’ Donzi 710 Ilmor W/Teague Platinum

Notices

Info 38’ Donzi 710 Ilmor W/Teague Platinum

Old 03-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info 38’ Donzi 710 Ilmor W/Teague Platinum

I’m considering a coupe of different brands, one being a 2006 38’ with the 710 Ilmor and Teague Platinum. I’ve read what I can, motor seems to be a real nice piece, but opinions vary on the drive. Them developing the Indy drive gives me the impression the Teague Platinum may have not been optimal. Replacing the drives is not in the budget. I appreciate anyone’ opinion. Thanks Chris
Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
I’m considering a coupe of different brands, one being a 2006 38’ with the 710 Ilmor and Teague Platinum. I’ve read what I can, motor seems to be a real nice piece, but opinions vary on the drive. Them developing the Indy drive gives me the impression the Teague Platinum may have not been optimal. Replacing the drives is not in the budget. I appreciate anyone’ opinion. Thanks Chris
I ran 625 V10s in my 38 Fountain for 5 years on XR uppers and Imco SC lowers behind Imco extension boxes with the flexible cupler without any drive failures, then traded out the 625's for 710's and ran one more season on the same set up without incident. The Ilmors don't make as much torque as 700 Mercs so even though the 38 Donzi is more boat than a 38 Fountain that set up could work -as long as you are not flying the boat and loading the drives. Its not the perfect set up but it could be nursed. I would take my chances with that set up over a 525 XR set up any day because of the fun factor.