2000 22ZX Transom

Notices

2000 22ZX Transom

Old 11-14-2019, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 22ZX Transom

Hey guys,

Is there any wood in the transom of the stepped 22ZX (2000)?

I vaguely remember reading something that around this time these boats were all glass...maybe some wood in the cabin??
Old 11-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Welcome to OSO!

From the Donzi website you can download the owner manual and product info guide.....
https://www.donzimarine.com/owners-manual/

Couple of screenshots from the downloads suggest you have a composite transom however........From personal experience, they said the same thing about the ZR models and I can tell you that my 27ZR had a wood transom. Only way to be sure would be to pull something out and take a look. If you see composite material, stick the thing back in! If you see wood, seal it very well, stick it back in and check the whole transom with the hammer test.

Good luck.

RR
Old 11-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rak rua
Welcome to OSO!

From the Donzi website you can download the owner manual and product info guide.....

Couple of screenshots from the downloads suggest you have a composite transom however........From personal experience, they said the same thing about the ZR models and I can tell you that my 27ZR had a wood transom. Only way to be sure would be to pull something out and take a look. If you see composite material, stick the thing back in! If you see wood, seal it very well, stick it back in and check the whole transom with the hammer test.

Good luck.

RR
Thanks for the response and the welcome!

Good info there, that was a lot of help. I do remember someone tearing into their ZR and finding there was wood in the transom...heck it may have been you! LOL

I'm in MD so its a bit cold now...will have to check things out in the warmer months.

Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I have 99 26 ZX the stringers and the transom are composite (foam coring), the cabin floor is wood as mine didn't have liner in the cabin.