Wrap around windshield >

Wrap around windshield

Notices

Wrap around windshield

Old 09-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap around windshield

Hey guys, I'm sure this has probably been done a million times... I'm buying a 1990 Fountain Lightning 33 from a buddy. I was testing it out for the weekend, it has the standard tinted faring that is on all the older ones. Does not have the wind deflector on top. I like the look of a wrap around windshield on the newer boats much better and I have found the current faring doesn't do anything to defelct wind whatsoever. If you are going 40, it's like being in a wind tunnel. Has anyone installed a wrap around windshield on one of these older lighnings and if so, what did they use? I don't want to get into a bunch of glass work, etc.
Thanks,
John
Old 09-07-2020, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I had an 89 10 meter and the point in the center of the windshield is molded into the hull you may be able to put some sort of wrap around but I think it would require a fair amount of glass work to make it look right my current 38 lightning had wrap around but the hull curves around where the windshield goes instead of coming to a point like the old lightning/ executioner hulls do. We built a custom windshield for our 10 meter that had speakers in it but it still had the point at the front. It was made one piece kind of a pain to get on but looked good when it was done
Old 09-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redsled33
I had an 89 10 meter and the point in the center of the windshield is molded into the hull you may be able to put some sort of wrap around but I think it would require a fair amount of glass work to make it look right my current 38 lightning had wrap around but the hull curves around where the windshield goes instead of coming to a point like the old lightning/ executioner hulls do. We built a custom windshield for our 10 meter that had speakers in it but it still had the point at the front. It was made one piece kind of a pain to get on but looked good when it was done
Thank you for the info. Maybe I will just see about putting one of those wind deflector curved pieces on there and just move to a newer boat when I can.