Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Any 38+ foot hulls w no power or drives for sale? >

Any 38+ foot hulls w no power or drives for sale?

Notices

Any 38+ foot hulls w no power or drives for sale?

Old 11-13-2020, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any 38+ foot hulls w no power or drives for sale?

Had the hankering for a 42 ft boat all summer. Picked up drives, built two 588ci blower motors with 1071's...sold my 35 ft lightning and (2) different 42 foot fountain hull deals have fallen through. Starting to look at other brands and wondering if anyone has any leads on clean 38+ ft hulls. I domt see as many empty Donzi hulls out there as I do other brands, but figured I would give it a shot. Prefer to have clean hull and interior so I only have to work on the mechanical side of things. Thanks
Old 11-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

This post caught my eye. We have a 2005 Formula 382 Fastech that originally had Mercury Racing 600's. The headers ended up failing and trashed the engines. We got new long blocks and I began the long DIY project of getting this boat back running. My OCD decided it needed overhauled. Despite my meticulous washing and flushing, the salt water had showed its ugly side on a lot of the hardware and misc. items.

I decided to gut the entire engine bay. I removed the engines, steering, extension boxes, hoses, wires, generator, etc. I literally took pictures of every single screw I removed, to help me get it re-assembled. Well, that phone had a cracked screen and fell in the water. At the time, I was not backing up to the cloud. I lost all the pictures.

My intention for this boat was to be a hybrid go-fast/ cruiser, since it has air conditioning and a generator. Well, losing the pictures killed my motivation and instead to fill the cabin cruiser gap in our fleet, we ordered a new 34' cabin cruiser that we trailer around all over. The boat has been sitting in our heated storage in Indianapolis, IN for the last 3 years. The interior is all brand new/ never installed. Id be happy to get rid of it without the engines/ drives. I do have the dash torn apart; my plan was to redo it. But, I believe I still have all the gauges. The chart plotter is old and shot, so that will need replaced.

2005 Formula 382 FasTech (original options)

- Mercury Racing 600’s w/ XR drives and Stelling Extension Boxes
- Captains Call Exhaust
- Garmin chart plotter
- Mercury Vessel View
- Imron Paint
- Stainless steel docking lights
- VHF radio
- 5 kW Kohler generator
- 7,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioner
- Vacuflush head w/ 6 gallon holding tank
- Snap in carpet
- Full cover

2007 Myco Aluminum Trailer (15k GVWR)

- Triple torsion axle
- EOH brakes
- Bow access ladder
- LED lights
- Backup lights
- Mid frame turn signal lights
- Drive guard extension
- Full stainless-steel brakes (new in 2017)
- Dual spare tires
- Electric tongue jack

​​​​​​​

Old 11-26-2020, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
This post caught my eye. We have a 2005 Formula 382 Fastech that originally had Mercury Racing 600's. The headers ended up failing and trashed the engines. We got new long blocks and I began the long DIY project of getting this boat back running. My OCD decided it needed overhauled. Despite my meticulous washing and flushing, the salt water had showed its ugly side on a lot of the hardware and misc. items.

I decided to gut the entire engine bay. I removed the engines, steering, extension boxes, hoses, wires, generator, etc. I literally took pictures of every single screw I removed, to help me get it re-assembled. Well, that phone had a cracked screen and fell in the water. At the time, I was not backing up to the cloud. I lost all the pictures.

My intention for this boat was to be a hybrid go-fast/ cruiser, since it has air conditioning and a generator. Well, losing the pictures killed my motivation and instead to fill the cabin cruiser gap in our fleet, we ordered a new 34' cabin cruiser that we trailer around all over. The boat has been sitting in our heated storage in Indianapolis, IN for the last 3 years. The interior is all brand new/ never installed. Id be happy to get rid of it without the engines/ drives. I do have the dash torn apart; my plan was to redo it. But, I believe I still have all the gauges. The chart plotter is old and shot, so that will need replaced.

- Captains Call Exhaust
- Garmin chart plotter
- Mercury Vessel View
- Imron Paint
- VHF radio
- 5 kW Kohler generator
- Snap in carpet
- Full cover

- Triple torsion axle
- EOH brakes
- Bow access ladder
- LED lights
- Backup lights
- Drive guard extension
- Dual spare tires
- Electric tongue jack

I would have been all over this 2 weeks ago. I made a move on a 38' wellcraft/scarab. PM me your number thoughts. Might have two engines that I could possibly put in this as well.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Whats the asking price PP
Old 11-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Friend of mine in Bay City Michigan was recently widowed.
Her husband former Tool & Die, Gear Head & very meticulous lost his 7 year battle to alzheimer's.

The boat is a little dirty at the moment due to his struggles the last 4 of the 7 years. His wife respected his barn & toys & space knowing full well the full picture of life happening.
But still loving and respecting him as a man & husband.

5 to 6 years ago when they finally realized he had alzheimer's
The boat was not winterized properly and cracked the block.

Since then he purchased the new long block, set it in the boat
And (time stopped) about 3 years ago.

They have both always taken really good care of it, always been stored inside. She is starting to get it cleaned up now that she doesn't feel like she is invading his space.

Picture's I took about a month before his recent passing.

1996 F-382 SR1 Formula

If any has any interest i can put you in touch

My cell is 616-540-4240

Thank you
Jon

Last edited by cougarman; 11-26-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Whats the asking price PP
Make me an offer. Hadn't really put much thought into it but saw this post and figured it is time to move on from this project ha.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Make me an offer. Hadn't really put much thought into it but saw this post and figured it is time to move on from this project ha.
Friend of mine is looking for a project, he's not on here, pm me a starting point or post it here

thanks
Old 12-22-2020, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

- Captains Call Exhaust
- Garmin chart plotter
- Mercury Vessel View
- Imron Paint
- VHF radio
- 5 kW Kohler generator
- Snap in carpet
- Full cover

- Triple torsion axle
- EOH brakes
- Bow access ladder
- LED lights
- Backup lights
- Drive guard extension
- Dual spare tires
- Electric tongue jack

hello to you I saw your formula 382 I would be interested could your contact? your mailbox is full