Looking at a 35ZR, questions >

Looking at a 35ZR, questions

Notices

Looking at a 35ZR, questions

Old 02-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Looking at a 35ZR, questions

Looking at this Donzi at National Liquidators. Its an 08 with 496's, one have have been replaced or something cause port motor showing 284 and star showing 599? Anyways, would probably re-power with some fresh 525's anyway. Anything I should be overly cautious at with this? It has a wrap on deck and hull, assuming it has some paint issues that the owner just wanted to cover up. Thought the color combo was a little strange with tan interior, white and blue deck/hull with a black dash? Looking at offering in the low 70k range as it needs a trailer too. Thoughts or anything I should pay close attention to? Have owned may offshore boats but never a Donzi. Thanks for any advice

https://nationalliquidators.pixieset...5zrlauderdale/
Old 02-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

This boat was for sale about 1.5yrs ago now. It had the wrap and interior done before it was sold then. This one looks like it’s need a very close in person inspection and survey and sea trial. Who knows what’s under that vinyl, that is peeling pretty badly. Overall there’s not really one specific problem area with the 35 or 38 ZRs.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
This boat was for sale about 1.5yrs ago now. It had the wrap and interior done before it was sold then. This one looks like it’s need a very close in person inspection and survey and sea trial. Who knows what’s under that vinyl, that is peeling pretty badly. Overall there’s not really one specific problem area with the 35 or 38 ZRs.
So you think this boat sold about a year and half ago with updated interior and wrap, now its either repo'd or guy needs out of it badly. Not the best pictures and wish I was closer and see it in person but if the bull is solid it might be a good buy. I live in MI so would have to fly down and take a hard look at it first.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:02 PM
Registered

Also, do you think $70k is a fair offer for the boat without a trailer and 496's with unknow condition or hours?
Old 02-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

I can’t say for sure about the 35 ZR but my 27 ZR hour meter was incorrect. In my boat, there was a key switch for the ignition, next to the battery switch. Once turned on, the hour meter would start running. To start the engine, you still had to turn the ignition toggle on the dash to on and then hit the start toggle. As a result, my hour meter showed 274 hours but the engine scan showed only 141 hours when I bought it.

If it’s wired the same (ridiculous) way, you could easily make a mistake and not turn off the batteries and BOTH engine key switches, leaving one hour meter running. Worth checking, an engine hour scan would provide the answer if someone can put a scanner on them for you.

RR
Old 02-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Registered

On my 38 zr the clocks only run when the motors are running, or maybe the ignition key at the dash but I know they don’t run when the just keys by the battery switches are turned on.

Hard to make an offer without an in person inspection, but 70 is probably not a bad number to start at.
rak rua (02-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Registered

I’d look for one with 525s already in it if that’s what your set on for motors.
abones (02-04-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Registered

On my 38 zr the clocks only run when the motors are running, or maybe the ignition key at the dash but I know they don’t run when the just keys by the battery switches are turned on.

Hard to make an offer without an in person inspection, but 70 is probably not a bad number to start at.
Going down to look at it and sea trial it next week. Then would most likely get a survey as well if the condition is ok enough to purchase. I know I will probably have to put some money in it but if it gets bought right than thats ok. It is strange to see the large variance in engine hours. Getting the engines scanned is the only why to really know i suppose.
IGetWet (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Registered

I’d look for one with 525s already in it if that’s what your set on for motors.
Right, i know the 525's are pretty expensive. If I end up buying and needing to repower I might just drop in a set of 540's
Old 02-16-2021, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 35ZR with 525's that I'm kicking around selling probably around May. Its tucked away in the shop for winter currently. But price wise it wouldn't to far off that price by the time you put a trailer under it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.