29 Fever New Drive options >

29 Fever New Drive options

Notices

29 Fever New Drive options

Old 06-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 Fever New Drive options

Hello all, I bought a 99 29 fever in November and after getting it home it was discovered to have a flat cam lobe. Got a great deal on the boat so decided to do a whole new engine while it was out. I now have a blown 540. Its turned down but still makes 758hp and 732tq at 3.5psi boost. So now its time for an outdrive. I ordered a teague platinum lower already. Its basically an imco sc lower with their parts in it. Supposedly its good to 900hp. But the upper I am conflicted on. I am torn between a imco scx upper or having max machine worx go thru my upper. The scx is bigger and heavier and I think you have to change out the helmet and a bigger reservoir. I boat inland lakes and rivers in northern California. I want something don't have to worry about, being its a big heavy deep v.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

If you want something you don’t have to worry about you should’ve gone full scx. I don’t have any experience with the teague drives but it’s still a bravo really. Having said that it seems many have different results with bravos. Mine was not so good so I stayed with the full scx went boating and didn’t care so much about the mph loss. You don’t want to have to baby the thing so I’d go with the scx upper and be changing fluid and checking magnets especially the lower one often. You’re correct you do need a bigger res and the imco helmet for the scx.
The following users liked this post:
KWright (07-01-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
If you want something you don’t have to worry about you should’ve gone full scx. I don’t have any experience with the teague drives but it’s still a bravo really. Having said that it seems many have different results with bravos. Mine was not so good so I stayed with the full scx went boating and didn’t care so much about the mph loss. You don’t want to have to baby the thing so I’d go with the scx upper and be changing fluid and checking magnets especially the lower one often. You’re correct you do need a bigger res and the imco helmet for the scx.
Getting up on plane are you able to hammer it up a little more? I have heard the 29's with singles can be slow to get on plane. I am coming from a little 23 foot boat with a 454 and b1. So this will be a big learning curve.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 04 29 fever with a 502 Whipple making 850 hp it was a no brainer to go to a imco scx upper with a two inch shorty lower and took it one step further and put a mercury ITS to push it back and clean up the transom as well as 380 tabs. The boat shoots out of the water on plain in seconds with no tabs. Its a great set up. Mine runs mid 90s and really stable. had four people and full of fuel a saw 91 on gps and not afraid of a failure. Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by proscapes199:
dykstra (07-13-2021), Tcarp (07-02-2021)