2000 26 zx? >

2000 26 zx?

Notices

2000 26 zx?

Old 07-13-2021, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2000 26 zx?

Found a 2000 26 ZX with a Merc 502 and Bravo 1. Supposedly under 30 hours on new engine. Ad doesn't say how many hours on boat but looks pretty clean in photos. He's asking $32K or OBO so figure he'll go $30K although might start at $25K for first offer.

I'll get a survey done but anything I should know about these boats?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 156 Posts

My friend has had a 2001 26zx for years. His has the 496HO in it, 425HP. It will do mid 60s typically. It's been a great boat for him. It drives nice.
Old 07-14-2021, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had my 99 for 9 years, they make a good family boat that's somewhat easy to trailer. The single can be a pain in tight quarters and backing up. I bought it with a procharger on the HP500 and would run 80, removed the boost and still run low 70's in ideal conditions with a labbed 26 bravo. They are heavy and kind of boring in flat water, but it works well the way we use it with younger kids. Can still pull tubes, ski's etc. Mid to high 60's with a 502 mag, loaded light would be accurate for speed. I paid close to that asking for mine 9 years ago with 80 hours. Honestly in this market I wouldn't take less than $35k if I was selling, as you know from the other posts the inventory is very limited. Also talking about the survey there shouldn't be wood in the transom or stringers as they are foam. Mine has wood in the cabin floor, this being a 2000 may have a liner in the cabin and hopefully no wood down there. They also added notched transoms around the same time from what I understand.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Around that year they supposedly went to composite transom and stringers. It’s probably composite but don’t take it for granted. My 2007 27ZR had a wood transom despite the owners manual clearly saying it was composite.
Check everything carefully, sounds like a nice boat.

RR
Old 07-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rak rua
Around that year they supposedly went to composite transom and stringers. It’s probably composite but don’t take it for granted. My 2007 27ZR had a wood transom despite the owners manual clearly saying it was composite.
Check everything carefully, sounds like a nice boat.

RR
Wow! Really? Did you contact Donzi to figure out why your transom and stringers were wood? I would be really upset if my new boat came that way!
Old 07-20-2021, 07:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dan87951
Wow! Really? Did you contact Donzi to figure out why your transom and stringers were wood? I would be really upset if my new boat came that way!
Upset? Let’s say I wasn’t too happy. 😶
No point talking to Donzi, the boat was 8-9 years old when I bought it and a lot had changed at Donzi in that time. I posted a brief thread on oso just to remind people to do their homework as best as possible.

Live and learn.

RR
Old 07-21-2021, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rak rua
Upset? Let’s say I wasn’t too happy. 😶
No point talking to Donzi, the boat was 8-9 years old when I bought it and a lot had changed at Donzi in that time. I posted a brief thread on oso just to remind people to do their homework as best as possible.

Live and learn.

RR
I would still email or call them and ask why your boat didn't have a composite transom and stingers when the sales literature says otherwise. If I was the owner I would still be curious to know why my boat was singled out.

Dan
Old 07-21-2021, 07:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dan87951
I would still email or call them and ask why your boat didn't have a composite transom and stingers when the sales literature says otherwise. If I was the owner I would still be curious to know why my boat was singled out.

Dan
I’m not the owner anymore.
Transom was professionally repaired before sale and tne buyer was happy with the work. Also, living in Thailand, Donzi wouldn’t care about me and my obsolete ZR. I’m a realist. 🙂

RR
The following users liked this post:
underpsi68 (07-21-2021)