Donzi 35ZR Windscreen >

Donzi 35ZR Windscreen

Notices

Donzi 35ZR Windscreen

Old 08-01-2022, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Donzi 35ZR Windscreen

Has anyone ever bought a new one? If so, where did you get it?
Thanks so much for any info.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

You can try donzi direct but I don’t think you’ll get through to anyone there. I just had a couple made for my 38ZR by “the plastics guy” in California. You will probably have to ship him your current one so they can make an exact copy of yours.

https://theplasticsguy.com
The following users liked this post:
OPS VZLA (08-01-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

You need to call down to Acrylico and hopefully he still has the mold. I had two made roughly 4yrs ago.....super nice but do not expect delivery overnight...or possibly within a year. lol I paid $500 crated to my door.....DD is like $3k now I believe and same source.
The following 2 users liked this post by ShootinRopes35z:
cheech (08-02-2022), OPS VZLA (08-02-2022)
Old 03-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IGetWet
You can try donzi direct but I don’t think you’ll get through to anyone there. I just had a couple made for my 38ZR by “the plastics guy” in California. You will probably have to ship him your current one so they can make an exact copy of yours.
Do you know if it is the same windscreen for the 35 Zr as for the 38 Zr?
Old 03-23-2023, 03:58 PM
Registered

From what I’ve found all the screens can be a little different. When I had mine made they wanted the one I was replacing to make a mold off of. They sent it to me without any holes drilled in it so I could line it up with the existing screw holes in the boat.

When donzi was building these boats I think they just held a windscreen up and started drilling holes by hand willy nilly. Didn’t use any exact dimensions.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
From what I’ve found all the screens can be a little different. When I had mine made they wanted the one I was replacing to make a mold off of. They sent it to me without any holes drilled in it so I could line it up with the existing screw holes in the boat.

When donzi was building these boats I think they just held a windscreen up and started drilling holes by hand willy nilly. Didn’t use any exact dimensions.
I would say you are right. I have had multiple conversations with different people that actually built, rigged, or oversaw the rigging of many ZR's and there was really no rime or reason as to how some things were set up from boat to boat.
IGetWet (03-24-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking about having mine done by theplasticsguy. It seams like he has a mold for ZR's.
However I'm toying with the idea of having one custom made somehow different from the original Donzi windshield. Coming from a Formula fastech the only thing I miss is the actually functional taller windshield like the one that Donzi is now doing for the ZRC .
Donzi 35ZR Windscreen-d38zrc_22.jpg

Last edited by darinof; 04-02-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any other ZR owner feels like it is something missing on the ZR's or you guy's love the small and curved one?
Old 04-03-2023, 06:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by darinof
Any other ZR owner feels like it is something missing on the ZR's or you guy's love the small and curved one?
I’m a fan of the small windscreen. Makes for very sleek lines on the ZR. At 6’4” I can drop the bolster a bit and just have the wind hitting the top of my head.

There’s several boat models out there that have ruined their lines by putting a bigger windshield on it. The wind should be in your face imo.
darinof (04-03-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Wanted to provide an update to the windshield I got from Acrylico. It was the latest version so basically 2008 spec - it had a little higher top line and more of the ducktail shape to flip the windstream over the driver and passengers. When it was installed you could noticably tell that it was deflecting the wind higher on the head and was more of a convertible experience versus staring into the exhaust of a F16.
In my opinion the slimmer windshield is the only look for a ZR. The boat is shallow and sleek for a reason and the windscreen really makes that work. If you try installing some wall of plastic or cupped style windscreen that wraps over the occupants it really takes away from the asthetics and feel of a ZR. The ZRC pulls off that windscreen because its a deeper sitting position in relation to the controls. This is really where the ZR line shines...its an incredible "bar hopper" and day runner - if you want sticks down high speed everywhere you go....spend the coin on a ZRC.
darinof (04-21-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.