upgrade stereo

Notices

upgrade stereo

Old 09-14-2022, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default upgrade stereo

Hello,
I have a Formula 382 SR1 with the factory kenwood system. Anyone converted the whole system over to a Fusion head unit with amps and speakers. If so, I would love to hear what set up you went with and the ease of installing. I am wanting to get away from CD players and go with more modern stuff.

Thanks in advance
Mike
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I installed 3 systems this year. All fusion head units and speakers.
first one I used fusion amps, wasnt a fan. Switched back to jl amps.
more tunable, more options, and the fusion amps seem to run very warm.
Old 09-15-2022, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by formula 382
Hello,
I have a Formula 382 SR1 with the factory kenwood system. Anyone converted the whole system over to a Fusion head unit with amps and speakers. If so, I would love to hear what set up you went with and the ease of installing. I am wanting to get away from CD players and go with more modern stuff.

Thanks in advance
Mike
I just replaced my factory Clarion head unit with the Fusion RA-770 in July, I love it! The RA-770 cutout dimensions are just smaller than a standard DIN size, but there’s an extended side bracket plate kit with caps you can order to bridge the gap. Looks like a factory fit.

That feeds the two original Clarion 400.1 amps that then power two Polk 10’s and two pairs of Polk MM6502 6.5 components in the cockpit. The sound is great, very happy with the results. The only issue I have is that Zone 1 uses the head unit’s internal amp and is wired to feed the pair of 6.5 component speakers in the cabin, I get no sound no matter what I do. I’ll call tech support when I have some time to sort that out.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 504 Likes on 236 Posts

I use a Fusion head unit paired with all my Bluave audio, I like the fusion because I can control all my audio from my Garmin screen, since they are compatible. Also my wife can use her Apple watch to control it as well.