2007 Donzi with Blisters - lots of Blisters >

2007 Donzi with Blisters - lots of Blisters

Notices

2007 Donzi with Blisters - lots of Blisters

Old 10-21-2022, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Donzi with Blisters - lots of Blisters

A little advice needed- I’m looking at a 2007 38 zfx. It’s a salt water boat w trip mercs, 400 hrs. It’s lived mostly on a lift or inside storage on a trailer. At one time, looks like it spent the summer in the water. Most of the boat looks pretty good, but a lot of blisters right at the water line. Both in the painted areas and just gel areas. Not really on the bottom or running surface, just the sides and just up to the water line. But many blisters, 100s of em. I know it can be fixed if the purchase price works, but anything major to worry about? I’m getting some quotes, but expecting a big number. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Lakebum759; 10-21-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

Run...don't walk...away.
The following users liked this post:
BBYSTWY (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

My opinion from what I've seen in the past on a few boats with blisters is that it will be a never ending battle. Fix the ones you see and wait for more to pop in my experience. If any of them split open then now you have more moisture problems inside the hull. As techman said I would run away from that one no matter how good the deal seems, you are going to have nonstop problems for the life of the boat. It is possible to fix them and maybe they won't come back and I'll leave that to someone who has more glass experience than myself but I have never seen it work out well. Good luck!!
Old 01-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakebum759
A little advice needed- I’m looking at a 2007 38 zfx. It’s a salt water boat w trip mercs, 400 hrs. It’s lived mostly on a lift or inside storage on a trailer. At one time, looks like it spent the summer in the water. Most of the boat looks pretty good, but a lot of blisters right at the water line. Both in the painted areas and just gel areas. Not really on the bottom or running surface, just the sides and just up to the water line. But many blisters, 100s of em. I know it can be fixed if the purchase price works, but anything major to worry about? I’m getting some quotes, but expecting a big number. Thanks for any input.
Are you sure it is gel? Many were at least cleared over the gel.