Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater-42/)
-   -   Looking for a 28 Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater/213023-looking-28-skater.html)

NOMOGOFAST 07-15-2009 10:50 AM

Looking for a 28 Skater

Hey guys,

Looking for a smoking deal on a used 28 skater. Anyone know of one that's "not" listed for sale online. I have browsed at all of them on various sites that are for sale. I have a budget and most of them are just outta reach. Any help would be appreciated. Would consider most anything as long as the fual tank issue has been repaired.

offshoresteve 07-16-2009 03:34 PM

What are you looking to spend? There is a nice 1997 with new motors just listed.

NOMOGOFAST 07-16-2009 03:46 PM

Skater

Depends on the boat, power, condition, etc. Lots for sale for big money. Guess thats why they have been for sale a while. I have a budget but it really depends on the boats condition and et-up. What do you have in mind?

24skaterVA 07-16-2009 05:20 PM

I've got a 24 that I'm going to be listing soon if you have any intrest

NOMOGOFAST 07-16-2009 05:40 PM

24skaterva

Thanks for the offer, but I am gonna buy a 28. I used to live at lake anna. We used to do the james river run every year in my eliminator. Alot of my friends went this year and had a blast. Hopefully we will haul the new 28 up to it next year. Good luck with the sale of your boat.

offshoresteve 07-17-2009 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST (Post 2911736)
Depends on the boat, power, condition, etc. Lots for sale for big money. Guess thats why they have been for sale a while. I have a budget but it really depends on the boats condition and et-up. What do you have in mind?

There are a few good deals on 28 Skaters the 1997 with New motors looks the best. If you are looking to Steal a Cat for dirt cheap try a Motion or Spectre.
It is definatly a buyers market for Anything. I guess if you find someone that really needs the $ you might get lucky.Good luck in your search.
You will love the 28! I will keep mine till I buy a 32B or 36:ernaehrung004:

NOMOGOFAST 07-17-2009 06:31 AM

Offshoresteve

Looked at a couple spectre's and motions. They are not out of the question yet. I have cash in hand. I talked to a few of the people online selling there 28's but they aren't budging too much on their price. I am not in a big hurry, but I would like to buy a boat soon. The economy sucks and I can't justify paying top dollar for anything these days. Like you said "maybe I'll get lucky"......will see. Keep your eyes out for me. I would love to be in the "skater" club. If you get a chance give me a call. I would like to know what to look for in a 28.
Thanks Again
Don

stainless 07-17-2009 09:01 PM

Carl myers 28 skater, " how sweet it is" looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. I don't have his # handy, but google sweetners plus and ask for him and i'm sure they'll point you in the right direction

dreamboater 07-18-2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST (Post 2912126)
Looked at a couple spectre's and motions. They are not out of the question yet. I have cash in hand. I talked to a few of the people online selling there 28's but they aren't budging too much on their price. I am not in a big hurry, but I would like to buy a boat soon. The economy sucks and I can't justify paying top dollar for anything these days. Like you said "maybe I'll get lucky"......will see. Keep your eyes out for me. I would love to be in the "skater" club. If you get a chance give me a call. I would like to know what to look for in a 28.
Thanks Again
Don

Its going to be hard to steal a 28 Skater. Good luck in your search. Great boats!

NOMOGOFAST 07-19-2009 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dreamboater (Post 2913035)
Its going to be hard to steal a 28 Skater. Good luck in your search. Great boats!

Not looking to steal one, but not looking to pay retail in this economy. Just want a good, fair deal for both parties. I don't need financing and want to pay cash.