Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Why does the Skater Boats need the Gas Tank Repaired? >

Why does the Skater Boats need the Gas Tank Repaired?

Notices

Why does the Skater Boats need the Gas Tank Repaired?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apache727
I know of at least 2 gas stations in St. Pete without Ethanol. One is a Sunoco and the other is a Marina. Both have pretty good prices... About .20-.30 cents a gallon more than ethanol fuel
I'm actually paying less for real gas in SC! When I run Ethanol in my 2003 M3 my indicator lights come on saying take the car in for service. If I run a tankful of real gas light goes off and car runs better. I have a frind with a 2002 BMW 525 that has had simalr experience.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
NICE PAIR,

I really don't know the time frame...But, If I were in that situation, I wouldn't wait to find out later that everything has to be repaired tanks and all...If you have been using ETHANOL at some point..I would Just go ahead an have them done ahead of time to avoid the headaches...Just thinking ahead...

Joe
Makes sense, Thanx Joe. NP
Old 10-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice Pair
Is there any kind of time line that can be applied to the deterioration? Will all early tanks eventually have to be repaired ? What would be the first indication of a problem ?
Thanx
CHECK THE FUEL FILTERS ,if you have a problem there will be finernail size flakes in the filter... if by chance they are leaking you'll know it ....
Old 10-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brad
I'm actually paying less for real gas in SC! When I run Ethanol in my 2003 M3 my indicator lights come on saying take the car in for service. If I run a tankful of real gas light goes off and car runs better. I have a frind with a 2002 BMW 525 that has had simalr experience.
Wow must be nice!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

One big exeption to this is if your tank or boat was built with Vinylester resin , this is fact not fiction which I have always been aware of . Before I bought my 1988 32 Kevlar / Vinylester I had an indepth conversation with the man ( Peter ) and he confirmed that Epoxy and General resin tanks have to be addressed , NOT VINLYESTER . Just trying to help

Larry
Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by activatorf1
One big exeption to this is if your tank or boat was built with Vinylester resin , this is fact not fiction which I have always been aware of . Before I bought my 1988 32 Kevlar / Vinylester I had an indepth conversation with the man ( Peter ) and he confirmed that Epoxy and General resin tanks have to be addressed , NOT VINLYESTER . Just trying to help

Larry
Luckily my 85 falls in that catagory... also my boat hasn't been ran since they added ethanol to gasoline That will change next week thank god
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Registered

Just because the boat was built in the 80 ' s doesn't mean the boat was built with Vinylester , luckily peter had a folder on my boat