Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
1994/2010 Skater 32A Rehab >

1994/2010 Skater 32A Rehab

Notices

1994/2010 Skater 32A Rehab

Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

32's are my favorite.. I check this thread daily! Please tell me youre not going to add a windscreen or canopies..
Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brodix heads came in...................

Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
32's are my favorite.. I check this thread daily! Please tell me youre not going to add a windscreen or canopies..
Windscreen...................no way! I like the feeling at about 90 when you start to feel like you're in a vacuum. The headsets should cut down on the "cheek flap". The 32 is a blast to run. Still learning how to run & trim but taking it slowly especially with my wingman (14 y.o. son) on board. I'm glad that I waited to get a cat until I could get a Skater! I shopped for three years until I had an idea of what I wanted. Then got the green light from The Boss . We looked at and sea tested a lot of different cats.......... MTI & Nortech are awesome! But Skater (I did not have a clue about cats, just feel and experience) was the gold standard for us. We had it at 115 at the beginning of this last season and it is more solid and feels more under control at that speed than any of my four Baja v-hulls felt at 60. Keep checking in!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck ya man! Congratulations! I feel ya on wanting a Skater. Im still holding out for that dream deal 32 with O/B's.. Good luck with your build!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

SOMEONE make the snow go away!!!......

I guess the project is getting me to really think Spring!!!

Lesson learned this week................ trailers really do not like salt water! I think the trailer was about to come apart like the car in the movie "The Blues Brothers" when they get to the County Auditor's Office................. The shop doing the trailer repair went on and on about the top build quality of the trailer. Apparently Skater doesn't skimp on building trailers either!!!! He said that if it were an average trailer that we'd have to retire it.

Go Skater!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

I'm in the process of having my 32 skater trailer hot dip galvanized then I will prime and paint with Urethane , I just installed 3 Torsion axles and finally getting rid of those antiquated leaf spring and shackle crap . How bad was your trailer ?

Larry
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

The trailer is all happy again. All redone including new electric/hydraulic brakes...................... We will be ready to roll in a couple of weeks! Maybe make it to the Miami Boat Show Run next year!.......(yes, I have cabin fever!!!!!)
Old 03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by activatorf1
I'm in the process of having my 32 skater trailer hot dip galvanized then I will prime and paint with Urethane , I just installed 3 Torsion axles and finally getting rid of those antiquated leaf spring and shackle crap . How bad was your trailer ?
Hey Larry,

How did the trailer come out?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Got the boat from the factory yesterday.

I can't say enough good about Peter, Chris and Al. Everyone that owns or wants to own a Skater should jump at the chance to spend time with Peter. He is a humble person and easy to talk with. Definitely an interesting person for sure.

If we could bottle their work ethic and make a vaccine for lazy people, this country would be back on track. They are some hard working dudes!!

Al is the master of the glass. The boat is BETTER than new, literally. He went over the whole hull and the repaired areas and tanks are stronger than before. I'm glad I got the boat back to the factory to get it in shape.
The trailer worked well. It just glides along now.

Now we need to get it back together......................
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered

Trailer was on hold because of 3 ft of snow and was unable to roll it out of my shop to sandblast it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.