Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater-42/)
-   -   The "Tainted Lady" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater/249682-tainted-lady.html)

Tborisch 03-21-2011 06:34 PM

I will post more when we get it out of the paint booth and get some rigging done.

It's a Skater 488 Super Vee.

Tom

OL40SVX 03-21-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Boatlesss (Post 3355956)
Looks like this boat should be in the "Cigar" forum as it does not look like a skater

That one off Cigarette was a Skater!! Paint looks great!

Tborisch 03-23-2011 05:40 AM

Skater built 3 of these. This is the third and last one that was built. The first went to Europe to race in P1, the second was used as cigarettes kilo boat and then turned into the poker run edition they sold, and this one is mine :)

The bottom is a 46 rough rider that's been modified by skater. The notch in the back is bigger and some work was done to the steps. The bottom on my boat is 5" thick. 3 layers of core, sandwiched between carbon and kevlar. The boat ways 5040 pounds with just the Gimbals on it. With twin sterling 1150/1350's in it... we are looking to run 135 with pretty conservative propping.

All that to say, I can't wait to get it on the water..

Tom

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-23-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tborisch (Post 3357270)
Skater built 3 of these. This is the third and last one that was built. The first went to Europe to race in P1, the second was used as cigarettes kilo boat and then turned into the poker run edition they sold, and this one is mine :)

The bottom is a 46 rough rider that's been modified by skater. The notch in the back is bigger and some work was done to the steps. The bottom on my boat is 5" thick. 3 layers of core, sandwiched between carbon and kevlar. The boat ways 5040 pounds with just the Gimbals on it. With twin sterling 1150/1350's in it... we are looking to run 135 with pretty conservative propping.All that to say, I can't wait to get it on the water..

And yes, its for sale.

Tom

Congratz Tom doesn't seem like you'll have much problem hitting that # :drink::drink: a few more pics would be nice

smiklos@sunprint 03-23-2011 08:52 AM

The bottom is a 46 rough rider that's been modified by skater. The notch in the back is bigger and some work was done to the steps. The bottom on my boat is 5" thick. 3 layers of core, sandwiched between carbon and kevlar. The boat ways 5040 pounds with just the Gimbals on it. With twin sterling 1150/1350's in it... we are looking to run 135 with pretty conservative propping.

And yes, its for sale.

Tom

Tom
How are you? That boat looks great! I am still playing with the inflatable and so far I have only put one hole in it! How is the Donzi running?
Steve

waterboy222 03-23-2011 09:42 AM

God I love that paint! GOOOOD JOB!

Any pics of the deck??

wrinkleface 03-24-2011 10:01 AM

Tom

Awesome Tom!! Look 4ward 2 C'n that bad boy!!! I do believe I will B pace'n cross the lake!!!:coolcowboy:

Tborisch 03-26-2011 12:27 PM

Clear gets sprayed Monday, then I will toss a few more up. Chris Mills came up with this paint scheme and done an incredible job getting it on the boat. Couldn't be happier, unless we were going testing on Monday.. lol!

Tom

BLee 04-07-2011 10:39 AM

Looking great, & can't wait to see some more pics of it from farther away. That's gong to be a bad ass vee bottom. :cool:

Pro1 04-07-2011 11:14 AM

Awesome boat best of luck!