28 skater windshield

Notices

28 skater windshield

Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mosport1

Speaking of windshields, here are a couple of pictures I saved of a 28 that was in the classifieds of either here or S&F recently. There was also a thread about the boat (no rubrail, triple 280's) that touched on making the windshield. The uprights were cast out of aluminum, I believe, and that alone had to be a huge project. There was a suggestion that he would make more, but then the thread faded away. After seeing it , I don't know if it appeals to my eye.

Peterbilt's post sums it up best for me... And I'll look forward to what you come up with.
That boat is Joe Aballera's boat, His username is 'Motion'
Old 11-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
I think all Skater with W/S are butt ugly , only Cat that got it correct is an MTI , now that is Bad !!!

Please post a few pics of a 28 with add-on W/S , cant wait to see how nice that looks . I have seen a Spectre in person with an add0on W/S , very low profile , looked wonderful bolted on outside of fairing , I walked away asking myself maybe the owner needs Glasses !! Look @ Franks 30 , now that is the way it should look .

The pic of the 30 Skater with W/S was from day one going to have W/S and not and after thought .
Larry, You may think my cheap bolt on windshield is ugly, but its removable and keeps the wind out of your face/eyes.As without it ,you Have to wear goggles,and only hear wind,.................I prefer to see without goggles while running hard and Hear the motors.My Skater is Not a Trailer Queen! I regularly cruise speeds over 90 & top out at 115.When you do that on a regular basis, then you can comment on others

Last edited by offshoresteve; 11-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys, I have seen that 28 also. Not real bad but not nice enough. I am sure it is functional though. Steve's comments are right on when you hard for long periods of time it is a nice thing to have. Would be nice to have a 28 thread only. I am not at all opposed to suggestions or what ideas others may have only can do without negative comments and sarcasm . I will keep workin on a solution. I am confident we can come up with one.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve, just curious have you seen any change in top end speed with the wind screen on or off?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

Here is another pic of 28 with W/S . Your taking me wrong and I know wind is a problem and while running I'm sure it works but the other 90 % of the time I would get sick looking @ it . If and when I decide to step back to 28 I would cut an 1/8 slot on top of fairing , design and engineer a retractable W/S so as soon as I come off plane it hides back under orig fairing . Yes some work but not rocket science.

Look @ this mess
Attached Thumbnails 28 skater windshield-main.jpg   28 skater windshield-photo.jpg  

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 11-19-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

i would be interested in one. there is a guy by me who built one that only comes like 2" over and it works great just doesnt have the factory look that i need also. if you could put something together that would be great
Old 11-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Steve, just curious have you seen any change in top end speed with the wind screen on or off?
No change in speed, it is only about 6" tall I have a clear and a smoke lense. Of course I would like to have a factory,looking windshield, but this was Best Bang for the Buck......save more for the eng. Mods and carbon fiber dash,gauges ect.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Pit
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Yea right it left the Factory like that ????? If so no wonder I want an MTI

If so thank god my boat was built before they got stupid
Larry, When you going to get that boat wet?
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

The engines are in my shop and I hired Freddie from Killer creations ( well known graphic artist ) to do artwork and then we clear it . the past two months were spent designing and engineering my own heads-up in dash unit similar to stainless marine but better in many ways and about half the cost . Sorry I missed your name ?

Larry
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

seems to be alot of 28 fans on here, anyone know where any of the older double canopy 28 race boats are at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.