Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Arneson and Skater come together to build one Bad Ass Fat Boy! >

Arneson and Skater come together to build one Bad Ass Fat Boy!

Notices

Arneson and Skater come together to build one Bad Ass Fat Boy!

Old 01-19-2021, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I remember listening to a person who ran this boat in a shootout claim that it couldn’t perform because the sponsons were out of whack and the builder had issues on the boat.

Any fact behind any of this?

My my unbiased opinion if I had the money I would buy a new skater before any other boat out there.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii
I remember listening to a person who ran this boat in a shootout claim that it couldn’t perform because the sponsons were out of whack and the builder had issues on the boat.

My my unbiased opinion if I had the money I would buy a new skater before any other boat out there.

No truth to that at all, search on YouTube 338 skater and their is a video of it running up to 160.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by tmmii

Do you know who that person was that was driving the boat in the shoot out?, just wondering if it was a hull builder, engine builder, or rigger? that may help to see from what perspective that statement was made.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
Do you know who that person was that was driving the boat in the shoot out?, just wondering if it was a hull builder, engine builder, or rigger? that may help to see from what perspective that statement was made.
I believe it was an engine builder.

Could be wrong it was several years ago.