Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater-42/)
-   -   New to me 32 Classic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/skater/310750-new-me-32-classic.html)

Flightplan 04-08-2014 09:39 PM

New to me 32 Classic

2 Attachment(s)
Found me a cat on OSO. Picked this up at Lake Cumberland the other day. She seems to be in very good condition for her age(1994). I think what sold me on this Skater was the fact that she has 2003 300X's that were never even broken in. I hooked up the smartcraft module to the starboard motor and it confirmed 27 of 60 minute break in. I hope I was reading it right. I will be doing the final rigging with the help of a local shop to make sure all is well with the motors.

I would like some opinions on what to look for on 300x's that have set up for 11 years. I want to use her for the summer and then start the restoration this next fall and winter, if I decide to keep her.

It's not the 28 I was looking for, but I couldn't pass up this deal for a starter cat. Here she is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521736[/ATTACH]

noli 04-08-2014 10:14 PM

that's an awesome boat!

please show us more pics and videos

as well as the interior

speicher lane 04-09-2014 05:30 AM

Pretty Skater - Congrat's.

27 minutes of run time is equated to a barn find...as long as the cylinders were spun regularly (and wet w/ oil)

Double Rigged 04-09-2014 06:28 AM

Boat looks nice. A real classic.

skate 04-09-2014 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4103721)

27 minutes of run time is equated to a barn find...as long as the cylinders were spun regularly (and wet w/ oil)

I passed on it because of this. The previous owner did not remember if fuel was left in the motors or how it was pickled for the lay up. I would have mechanic go thru engines first. But it is an amazing find in excellent condition.

Good luck

Lake rat Skater 04-09-2014 07:02 AM

Great looking boat, have the tanks been done?

Dd24skater 04-09-2014 07:06 AM

Looked hard at that one myself!

TeamSaris 04-09-2014 07:29 AM

Gorgeous!

Ryan Beckley 04-09-2014 07:52 AM

awesome! more pics please!

Flightplan 04-09-2014 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by noli (Post 4103643)

that's an awesome boat!

please show us more pics and videos

as well as the interior

Thanks Noli. I was off all last week. Paying the price this week.

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4103721)

Thanks SL. Barn find is kinda what I was thinking. I doubt the motors were spun or anything other than fogged.

Crap shoot really.

Originally Posted by Double Rigged (Post 4103745)
Boat looks nice. A real classic.

Thanks DR. I'll be having some questions on rigging, setup, and electronics. Seems like I read you have some knowledge in those areas HaHa!

Originally Posted by skate (Post 4103766)
I passed on it because of this. The previous owner did not remember if fuel was left in the motors or how it was pickled for the lay up. I would have mechanic go thru engines first. But it is an amazing find in excellent condition.

Good luck

Trying to be optimistic. My gut tells me all is well. At least I think thats what that Gnawing feeling is...

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater (Post 4103769)
Great looking boat, have the tanks been done?

Tanks are not redone but have never had ethanol. I have access to non-ethanol on the water and local, but I will be watching the fuel filters.

Originally Posted by Dd24skater (Post 4103770)
Looked hard at that one myself!

Some idiot put a deposit down within 24 hours of being listed. Not sure why I do stuff like that...

Originally Posted by TeamSaris (Post 4103780)
Gorgeous!

Thanks TS.

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 4103796)
awesome! more pics please!

Thanks Ryan, I'll try for this weekend. The interior is very pimp. No really, it's pimp, you will see. Maybe I can call it the "lake pimp" .

I'll go ahead and post some interior pics. Looks like a whole lot of re-wiring to me.