Outboard skater BS thread! >

Outboard skater BS thread!

Notices

Outboard skater BS thread!

Old 06-17-2019, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
Awesome. My 28 ships today. Cant wait!!!!

I see on your signature that you have a '96 28 Skater. That is the same year as mine, but we did a complete restoration/modification in 2017. The wraparound windshield from Lee Aerospace is awesome. We do most cruising at about 85 and can easily talk.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Any winter projects going on? I’m going to upgrade my gps and switch over to str brackets.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

deleted

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-13-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.speedonthewater.com/outb...noqRQbtfMFEcuI

Great article Jason and great shots Pete thank you. Ron and Chris did an amazing job organizing this event. It was the perfect mix of the older seasoned owners with the younger owners and future of the brand. There was great interaction between groups with fun respect and appreciation of each other and all their boats. It’s pretty cool when you see a guy who is having fun and loving the same 28 Skater as you did 27 years ago! I look forward to doing this again.
The following 2 users liked this post by skate:
davidmercury (03-21-2021), LAriverratt (03-17-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
https://www.speedonthewater.com/outb...noqRQbtfMFEcuI

Great article Jason and great shots Pete thank you. Ron and Chris did an amazing job organizing this event. It was the perfect mix of the older seasoned owners with the younger owners and future of the brand. There was great interaction between groups with fun respect and appreciation of each other and all their boats. It’s pretty cool when you see a guy who is having fun and loving the same 28 Skater as you did 27 years ago! I look forward to doing this again.
Looked like such a great group and I'm glad to see you post back on this forum. I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the 318 and the 400 ros set up as well as how they compare to the other skaters and modern outboards you have had.
The following users liked this post:
bulletbob (03-30-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 400r

Hi everyone, i am the owner of a skater 32b since about 6 years which i imported from NY to Mauritius island...

The boat was equipped with 2 x 575 merc racing engines with hravo 1 drives. Last year i changed the engines and replaced by 2 x 600 cobra power, 2 new bravo 1 xr with sportmaster gearcases.

Because no one here is into inboard engines and set up i am looking at changing the boat from inboard to outboard power. So i would like to purchase 2 x 400 r and trade in my current package which is like new. Offers welcome.... More impirtantly, I am looking for advice on:

1. What mid section length should i go for
2. Engines height and angle
3. Engines Set back from transom
4. Distance between engines
5. Positioning of nose cone to hull
6. Choice of prop
7. Any info you think may be important to cobsider

Thanking you in anticipation...

Marc
Old 04-05-2021, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nice try
More impirtantly, I am looking for advice on:

1. What mid section length should i go for - 20" Midsections - Mercury Offshore or HD with wing plates / setup for tie bar
2. Engines height and angle - Get an STR X act Laser and adjust jackplates to fine tune. Somewhere around 1.5" above bottom of boat
3. Engines Set back from transom - I would recommend 4 to 6 inch jack plates. The STR or Bobs Machine jack plates are both great
4. Distance between engines - I say keep the same center distances as where your current inboards are now
5. Positioning of nose cone to hull - See response above regarding jack plates and the 1.5" above note. That is regarding propshaft
6. Choice of prop - Mercury CNC cleaver or Hill 5 blade cleaver props. Make sure to get 15.25 diameter and pitch will vary on your setup.
7. Any info you think may be important to cobsider

Thanking you in anticipation...

Marc

See info added above, good luck with your project. Outboards rule!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

does ur boat have a stepped transom ?
as most i/o 32s hulls had no notch or step at rear of transom as an outboard hull had
the step allows an outboard to raise motors to splitshaft without moving way back for water rise caused by step
motor height is determined by distance from rear of sponsom to motor
not a generic # with no step ,,o/b non stepped hulls raised height starting point is determined then by width of jackplate
then slowly going up 1/4" at a time till desired handling and water pressure

Last edited by johnmiffco; 04-06-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.