Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build. >

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Notices

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
Get you some of these fenders. They are 4.5' long and store under the deck. I use seasuckers.com suction cups to hold them. Tres Martin can get you the fenders and socks.
I would like that setup a lot more if the rope went through the center of the fender (with a knot at each end to keep it horizonal) so it could ride up and down freely, and if the sock did not have a metal D loop near the paint. Otherwise very nice!
Old 03-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got several of the same fenders, they're GREAT when rafting up or when you're going to be up against any kind of piling, you don't need to fight placement nearly as much. As for the D-rings they've never been a problem and while I agree on the rope going through the fender, having a static line at each end actually works just as well for the purpose of these fenders... I have mine held in place with fender pin cleats with the pins set for the best placement of the fenders. I'll put one towards the back and another amidship up to where the bow starts to curve.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta get me some of those soon. Love the look of the no rub rail thing but its scary going to tie up somewhere unfamiliar with rusty things sticking out all over the place. Ouch. Went out for another run today and ran about 35 miles. Had a chance to stretch my rigs legs a bit. Me and my girl and about 2/3 tank of gas. about 140 gallons or so. Nobody was out really being so early in the season. Again cruised around 90mph and in a couple stretches let it all hang out for me. She runs up 106 107 pretty quick then the speedo slows down. Ran her maybe another mile and a half to slowly climb up to a solid 111mph and stayed there until I came down off the throttles. Again I thought that was pretty good. Out at Merc she ran 111mph with me and another guy and about 400 to 500 lbs less fuel. I think the salt water makes bit of a difference personally. I didn't think it was gonna get there. Was just hoping for 108 but it was a nice surprise. I also have a lot more gear on the boat than was on at Merc. All we had with us out there was Life Jackets I believe. Its nice to have the bigger motors. They run so smooth and quiet. Cruising at about 5500 rpm puts me at 90 mph. Its nice to have another 20mph to run up thru. The boat handles unbelievably. Anyway just thought Id update on a couple runs. Ill try and get my girl to learn the go pro for some decent videos as I know nothing about it so I can show you some runs.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Registered

Steve again I am glad to see you are getting seat time. Enjoy
Old 03-26-2016, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
Get you some of these fenders. They are 4.5' long and store under the deck. I use seasuckers.com suction cups to hold them. Tres Martin can get you the fenders and socks.
Taylormade Big B 12 X 34" with rope thru the center.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Gotta get me some of those soon. Love the look of the no rub rail thing but its scary going to tie up somewhere unfamiliar with rusty things sticking out all over the place. Ouch. Went out for another run today and ran about 35 miles. Had a chance to stretch my rigs legs a bit. Me and my girl and about 2/3 tank of gas. about 140 gallons or so. Nobody was out really being so early in the season. Again cruised around 90mph and in a couple stretches let it all hang out for me. She runs up 106 107 pretty quick then the speedo slows down. Ran her maybe another mile and a half to slowly climb up to a solid 111mph and stayed there until I came down off the throttles. Again I thought that was pretty good. Out at Merc she ran 111mph with me and another guy and about 400 to 500 lbs less fuel. I think the salt water makes bit of a difference personally. I didn't think it was gonna get there. Was just hoping for 108 but it was a nice surprise. I also have a lot more gear on the boat than was on at Merc. All we had with us out there was Life Jackets I believe. Its nice to have the bigger motors. They run so smooth and quiet. Cruising at about 5500 rpm puts me at 90 mph. Its nice to have another 20mph to run up thru. The boat handles unbelievably. Anyway just thought Id update on a couple runs. Ill try and get my girl to learn the go pro for some decent videos as I know nothing about it so I can show you some runs.
Glad you are getting an early start on your boating season! Sounds like you are easily making the adjustment to a go-fast cat. Good for you and enjoy!
Old 03-26-2016, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Taboma
Glad you are getting an early start on your boating season! Sounds like you are easily making the adjustment to a go-fast cat. Good for you and enjoy!
I have been out a few times. The speed isn't scary although I am still respecting it. Not a lot of kooky turns just straight runs. Not a lot of people out so its easy. Boat sits solid as a rock. Im still very alert when running those speeds but the boat makes it easy. So stable. The motors are absolutely awesome. Haven't run one with the 300XSs but I imagine there is no comparison from running my Merc 250PRO XS for years. They are similar to a degree. If I trim the motors all the way in I can get the boat on plane with no cavitation when I accelerate slowly. The bow barely rises. Only maybe a foot. Everything that happened during the build with all the changes that were made worked out totally for the best. The widening and motor swap was definitely the way to go. Skater did very well with this one. Im enjoying the hell out of her. More to come.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
I have been out a few times. The speed isn't scary although I am still respecting it. Not a lot of kooky turns just straight runs. Not a lot of people out so its easy. Boat sits solid as a rock. Im still very alert when running those speeds but the boat makes it easy. So stable. The motors are absolutely awesome. Haven't run one with the 300XSs but I imagine there is no comparison from running my Merc 250PRO XS for years. They are similar to a degree. If I trim the motors all the way in I can get the boat on plane with no cavitation when I accelerate slowly. The bow barely rises. Only maybe a foot. Everything that happened during the build with all the changes that were made worked out totally for the best. The widening and motor swap was definitely the way to go. Skater did very well with this one. Im enjoying the hell out of her. More to come.
Now book a session with Tres Martin!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.