Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin >

30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin

Notices

30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin

Old 09-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Finished rework of rigging on motors today. Installed new water lines from through hulls. Adjusted hull pick-ups.
Ck toe in and motor heights for starting point. Only thing left is mech indicators. Will get it to the water this week sometime work/weather permitting!!! Looking forward to results.
Attached Thumbnails 30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin-image.jpg   30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin-image.jpg   30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin-image.jpg  

30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin-image.jpg   30' Skater Project Let the Journey Begin-image.jpg  
Old 09-27-2015, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again beautiful boat Ron. Any idea what she ran in her previous life. Weather should be getting better down there for testing her out. You going down Key west. Im getting in Sunday the 8th Nov til the 14th. Steve.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Boat has seen a best of 112mph on a cool day in NC with 3 blade mercury cleavers. Hoping to improve on the hull pick-ups get some dewalds and maybe on a cold day if that ever happens down here 115mph may be possible.
This with Stock 300x motors.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Boat has seen a best of 112mph on a cool day in NC with 3 blade mercury cleavers. Hoping to improve on the hull pick-ups get some dewalds and maybe on a cold day if that ever happens down here 115mph may be possible.
This with Stock 300x motors.
Thats awesome, If you get the upgrades could see close to 120 I would guess? If I get my rig down next winter Ill be looking at your transom. I get down your way about 5 times a year during winter season. As I said my parents are in Palm Beach Gardens. Whenever I come down for a visit which is roughly once a month thru the winter I go down to Key West for a week to 10 days to lay around and get a break from the cold up here. Gotta get together one time when Im down over my five visits. Have you ever run Down to Key West on the water before. I would guess yes. Would be really cool to do that I would think. Steve.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me thinks you need a bigger ladder Ron.

Looks very nice.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

the shop and the rigging... nice clean and very neat work ron!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Already great improvements, Ron. Keep us informed with your progress.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Registered

What made you sell the 28 and up to the 30? Looking at the water you run on, I would of figured a 28 would of been the bomb! Sold my "24", WAY TOO SMALL for lake Huron Canada, big waves out of no-were. Was thinking of a 28, but after all the work you did to yours and sold it, I'm rethinking a 30. Any input would be great. Andy...
Old 09-29-2015, 06:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Andy
What made you sell the 28 and up to the 30? Looking at the water you run on, I would of figured a 28 would of been the bomb! Sold my "24", WAY TOO SMALL for lake Huron Canada, big waves out of no-were. Was thinking of a 28, but after all the work you did to yours and sold it, I'm rethinking a 30. Any input would be great. Andy...
Andy,
The 28' is a great boat and I was very happy with the performance and handling conditions. Part of the reason was the Journey! I had pretty much tricked out the 28 and needed a new project for fun. Not sure if this was the right choice or not only time will tell. If is was not for the 300x's on this boat or possibility of 400r's in the future I would have never sold the sold.the 28.
Things just kind of came together and the 30 I bought was a one of kind as far as a cream puff with VERY little hours of use. Stay tuned hope to get some good feedback on the handling of this thing soon. Will let you all know what I think.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new project, definitely the fastest 30 I've heard of to start with and if you can get even more out of it that would be awesome.

I'm very interested in the rigging for in hull pickups, I think that's something my 32 could really benefit from. So far I've just not been able to find much on how to make the conversion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.