28 Skater Dash Pics Please >

28 Skater Dash Pics Please

Notices

28 Skater Dash Pics Please

Old 12-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Where is everyone getting these dash panels? Got my parts and think I would be better off with a fresh start. Did you drill your own hole, or did you measure and have them cut?
Good question. I think I'm gonna have them re-fiberglass mine and fill in all the holes and start over. That way I can put the gauges wherever I want them. I love the carbon fiber dash, but I think with my boat it would be too much with my dark blue deck.

MDS
Old 12-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikesufka
Good question. I think I'm gonna have them re-fiberglass mine and fill in all the holes and start over. That way I can put the gauges wherever I want them. I love the carbon fiber dash, but I think with my boat it would be too much with my dark blue deck.

MDS
innotechproducts.com Will make any thing you want give them a call
Old 12-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

Thanks Tom. I'm sure they would have a 28 template with as many as I have seen.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve has the dash template as I made one and sent it to him. However the particular internal layout you desire will have to be fabricated/designed by the boat owner to match any existing holes in the dash, and the owners desires. Get poster board, cut it to fit the dash, tape it to the dash, trace existing wanted holes from the rear of the dash on to the poster board. Use a compass to transfer the wanted holes to the front. Lay out any other holes needed, GPS, etc.. Send it to Innotech with a bundle of money. Pick your colors and lettering. Wait for the UPS truck.

Last edited by Zero Patience; 12-12-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
Steve has the dash template as I made one and sent it to him. However the particular internal layout you desire will have to be fabricated/designed by the boat owner to match any existing holes in the dash, and the owners desires. Get poster board, cut it to fit the dash, tape it to the dash, trace existing wanted holes from the rear of the dash on to the poster board. Use a compass to transfer the wanted holes to the front. Lay out any other holes needed, GPS, etc.. Send it to Innotech with a bundle of money. Pick your colors and lettering. Wait for the UPS truck.
Is the panel material heavy enough to bridge unwanted gauge holes without being a problem? Can the panel be rotozipped or otherwise cut to make modifications if needed? Drilled?

How is the panel attached? Is it adhered, mechanically fastened, or what?

Is it pretty durable, thinking of a panel on console top as well to tie it all together. Wouldn't want it there if it scratches or mars easily.

Thanks Jim.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Is the panel material heavy enough to bridge unwanted gauge holes without being a problem? Can the panel be rotozipped or otherwise cut to make modifications if needed? Drilled?

How is the panel attached? Is it adhered, mechanically fastened, or what?

Is it pretty durable, thinking of a panel on console top as well to tie it all together. Wouldn't want it there if it scratches or mars easily.

Thanks Jim.
It is very durable, on Cigarettes, I use it to bridge big spaces, with lots of gauges or plotters in it. Then it is screwed down around the edges. Be careful to not tighten any screws to tight and break the clear over the carbon. I try to not cut or drill it. It should come from Innotech ready to go in, so pre-planning is imperative.

On my Skater, I used no screws. The gauges, garmin, trim indicators, etc. hold the dash panel in place.

I have done 6 cigs and 2, 28 Skaters, a bunch of contenders, yellowfins, a 64 hatteras bridge, etc.
Go to kirkec.com
Attached Thumbnails 28 Skater Dash Pics Please-image.jpg   28 Skater Dash Pics Please-image.jpg   28 Skater Dash Pics Please-image.jpg  

28 Skater Dash Pics Please-image.jpg  

Last edited by Zero Patience; 12-13-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the Gauges and screens to attach the carbon fiber as well....if cut properly, this works well.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a sheet from this supplier then and cut it myself for my build. We used a dewalt circular saw and hole saw then sanded the cuts smooth.

http://www.amazon.com/carbon_fiber_s...ber_superstore