New Skater under construction >

New Skater under construction

Notices

New Skater under construction

Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
For me personally I agree the wrap around is very nice but the flaps that are factory installed work well up to 90mph also. Living down here in S. FL and being in boats with wrap arounds i can say with no hesitation even sitting up on the seat arm it is still hotter than a boat with no windshield for sure. Also the salt spray covers the windshield and drys making seeing out of it not good after running for a few hours. I would need window washers LOL.
Salt spray isn't a problem if you run fast enough to out run it😁. No doubt the classic is cooler when it's hot outside. I saw where Jim Lee uses a bilge blower with intake drawing air off the bottom of the sponsons to cool the front seats when idling.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That is true but us real ocean guys go out when you cant outrun salt spray!!!!! LOL`
Old 09-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

These guys make a blower system that has a cooler you put ice in and that way you get cold air! I want to put something like this in my next build.

IcyBreeze Portable Air Conditioner & Cooler

you could modify it a little and secure it and cool breeze!!
Old 09-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 539 Likes on 330 Posts

beautiful build and Congratulations!

I'm playing' all of the lottery games in NJ so I can get me one of those!

This thread will stimulate more sales of the 308!

Last edited by noli; 09-08-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Skater under construction

Congratulations Jim!
I will look forward to photos of progess
Old 09-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
No stereo, amps, speakers,
Awesome!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

The 308 with 400's is a perfect choice, especially if you trailer at all. Since the 308 was above my pay grade, we recently did a restoration on a 28. On it, we cut the deck and installed one of Jim Lees wraparound windshields. I was also concerned about how hot it could be so I took Jims advice and added a bilge blower on each side with a hidden vent below the dash to blow on the legs, plus we added F-150 style vents in the dash itself. In front of the windshield we added a nice size deck lid that opens and closes with an electric actuator. We had it open to the front so that in no wake/Manatee zones or at slower speeds we can open the deck and force more air through the cockpit for the driver and passenger (of course it is also a HUGE storage spot). I would think that it would be fine to 25mph. The guys at MADD Graphics (ex MTI guys) also added a "grit" in the clearcoat on the back deck, and along the top of the gunwales so that it makes it very easy and safe to walk alongside the windshield. I did not intend to derail your build thread, just giving some ideas on what we did to overcome some of what has been mentioned.

That would be cool as **** to do a brand new build!
Attached Thumbnails New Skater under construction-smallinterior.jpg   New Skater under construction-smallside.jpg   New Skater under construction-smalldeck.jpg  

Old 09-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Your 28 turned out fantastic! I know that your will have the time of your life with your son and you in the boat! Cheers
Old 09-14-2017, 05:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
The 308 with 400's is a perfect choice, especially if you trailer at all. Since the 308 was above my pay grade, we recently did a restoration on a 28. On it, we cut the deck and installed one of Jim Lees wraparound windshields. I was also concerned about how hot it could be so I took Jims advice and added a bilge blower on each side with a hidden vent below the dash to blow on the legs, plus we added F-150 style vents in the dash itself. In front of the windshield we added a nice size deck lid that opens and closes with an electric actuator. We had it open to the front so that in no wake/Manatee zones or at slower speeds we can open the deck and force more air through the cockpit for the driver and passenger (of course it is also a HUGE storage spot). I would think that it would be fine to 25mph. The guys at MADD Graphics (ex MTI guys) also added a "grit" in the clearcoat on the back deck, and along the top of the gunwales so that it makes it very easy and safe to walk alongside the windshield. I did not intend to derail your build thread, just giving some ideas on what we did to overcome some of what has been mentioned.

That would be cool as **** to do a brand new build!
Beautiful boat, love the color, love the 28 Skater. Had a 😢 when mine pulled out the driveway.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Love it all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.