Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New Skater under construction >

New Skater under construction

Notices

New Skater under construction

Old 05-10-2018, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear it is taking so long. In the end, I am sure it will be worth the wait! From the pics I have seen recently, you haven't skipped a beat at boating! Hang in there ZP!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep there's a definite instant gratification piece to buying used but when the build is over and your the only person to have ripped the new boat across the bay hopefully the wait will have been worth it or at least a memory that you can get past. I agree though the boat building / maintenance industry seems to have no understanding or even concept of deadlines and it's super frustrating for those of us that are used to having to meet them or deal with penalties, in the marine industry the penalty for being late is generally they get to add on additional costs and make more money...
Old 05-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
Well, here we are a month later. 2 months at the interior shop, still not done. Unbelievable to me, I am an industrial electrical contractor, your Cement Plant is down, it’s costs $45,000 an hour for downtime, when do you want it running again? One month, two months, 3 months. Nope, they want it all, and they want it NOW. That’s when they get it to, NOW. There is absolutely no sense of urgency in the Marine business. I will always buy a used boat in the future.
ZP, I can relate to your ZP! Mine took 3.5 months to get painted. Was supposed to be done in December before the Miami boat show, but got put on the back burner for the "big boys" to be shown at the show. Really frustrating, but in the end, I was very pleased with what I received. I am also in the construction industry. My clients often wait until the the hour glass is near empty on the schedule to get started on their project and expect that we can move mountains to get them into their building when they originally contemplated the project completion with no regard to their lack of action. Having been part of the boat build is very rewarding, however.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Update: Progress is being made and the end is near! Stay Tuned all
Old 05-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed orange decals

Thanks Ron. Yes it is moving along into completion. The quality and attention to detail is excellent.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience

I installed orange decals

Thanks Ron. Yes it is moving along into completion. The quality and attention to detail is excellent
Old 05-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The interior is done, it’s a beautiful job. Exceeds my expectations. Boat is home. Now sea deck, graffics, and props.

Last edited by Zero Patience; 05-23-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pictures not uploading
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Happy for you bud! What a struggle but glad it turned out great. Can’t wait to see it in person.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

yolo l o t o

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.