looking for pictures of 32A skater windshields

Notices

looking for pictures of 32A skater windshields

Old 07-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossman

Oh cmon they smell good too!

Have you played around with a 4-5” flat “wind deflector” like some of the convertible cars have got?

Could always try it with some thin ply and have some folks hold it in place or just mock something up to see if it makes any difference. I think it would look sweet with an engraved Skater logo and some led’s underneath to light it up at night! Just a thought. Could be a PITA to get to the back of the boat aswell.
That is a great idea! I will need to do some playing with it to see if it would work. I will report back!
Old 07-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

tango ur boat turned out awsome,,byw
with the larger /taller windshield the cockpit air becomes a vacuum as air travels over the shield the stagnet air in cockpit is being sucked out
air is now swirling from rear of hull of hull pulling in the motor fumes trying to find some feed air from the vacuum effect
I learned long ago from airplanes how the air travels and how to bend it and create swirls to create lift as the bent air creates a vacuum under the bent air stream
as why lots of the full wrap around windshield boats have vents in the cockpit to feed fresh air into the cockpit
now air is flowing in and out with the air over the shield so now no more swirling sucking in fumes from the rear,,,,
I see in ur pis small vents on the dash,,,where are u getting air from to feed them
if u add in some fresh air from the front deck the fumes should go away in the cockpit
my bolt on is just a windscreen/deflector just enough to blow wind over ur head,,,,not a full shield effect

Last edited by johnmiffco; 07-16-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Registered

The vents that you see are connected to a bilge blower that is located in the hull about 3' ahead of the dash. It really does not pull in any "new" air. I added those just to have a breeze in the no wake zones.

If you were going to try a deflector behind the rear passengers, how tall would be your guess as a starting point?
Old 07-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
The vents that you see are connected to a bilge blower that is located in the hull about 3' ahead of the dash. It really does not pull in any "new" air. I added those just to have a breeze in the no wake zones.

If you were going to try a deflector behind the rear passengers, how tall would be your guess as a starting point?
I went back to your build thread Tango fun to look at again! I wanted to see if you had high back seats or not and it appears as though you don’t unless you’ve changed them within the couple years from that pic. I’d start as high as you could without it looking goofy. 6-8”? If you don’t like the looks of it you probably don’t want it on there I’m assuming so then there would really be no sense in testing the theory. Take some cardboard and mock a shape up see what height is do able, cut it out of a sheet of ply and hit the water! Doesn’t have to be pretty as your just experimenting
Old 07-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Registered

I will give it a shot next time down to the lake. It is a great idea as long as it is not in the way.