Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sonic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic-46/)
-   -   Sonic Engine Compartment Photos (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic/160020-sonic-engine-compartment-photos.html)

gcoutlaw 06-04-2007 07:49 PM

Sonic Engine Compartment Photos

Does anyone have any engine compartment photos they could share? Or their boats in the water? ([email protected] would be great). Looking to see how much room is in the engine compartment of a 2000 Sonic 31 SS with twin 502's. How much room in front of the engines? Could you change an impeller if you needed to while out on the water? Are there any negatives to this boat? I can really run in 4ft seas???????

ALso, "honest" number on top end on a 31SS with twin 502's. I am not really buying for the speed as you have all told me about the awesome ride and performance and cabin room!

GRSFAST 06-05-2007 05:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Engine Compartment Is A Little Tight , But Since The Back Seat Lifts Out Of The Way Getting To The Fronts Of The Motors Is Very Easy. Impeller Change Out On The Water Would Be A Pain In The Ass.....i Would Not Recommend This.....!!! Port Side Is Pretty Easy,but Stbd. Side Is Very Hard To Get To, But Can Be Done. As For Performance With 502's I Would Expect To See 71-73 Gps With Full Gear,fuel Etc..., Great Choice In Boats , Rock Solid Boat In Rough Water, Boat Loves 2-4 Ft. Seas, Great Weekender.....good Luck

hpoffshore 06-05-2007 10:37 AM

Hey man,
Glad you're finally getting what you wanted! The 502 boat is going to be low to mid 70's depending on load/conditions & proping. You'll have a nice 50mph cruise, and yes, driven correctly the boat will run well in rough water. In that size-range you'll be hard pressed to beat it. I've seen water pump impeller replacement done on-the-water, and it wasn't hateful.
Good luck,
Hugh

Sloman 06-05-2007 01:31 PM

GR fast, have you thought about taking those covers off and making some new ones out of the same material that you did your dash with, also i would get some K&N's it will give your engine compartment a whole new look just my

myturn 06-05-2007 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by gcoutlaw (Post 2150793)
Does anyone have any engine compartment photos they could share? Or their boats in the water? ([email protected] would be great). Looking to see how much room is in the engine compartment of a 2000 Sonic 31 SS with twin 502's. How much room in front of the engines? Could you change an impeller if you needed to while out on the water? Are there any negatives to this boat? I can really run in 4ft seas???????

ALso, "honest" number on top end on a 31SS with twin 502's. I am not really buying for the speed as you have all told me about the awesome ride and performance and cabin room!

You should have some pictures of the FLL boat that has an arch.
It had 502s.

The 32ss will run through 4ft seas with no problem.

Good luck on your search!

Warren

gcoutlaw 06-05-2007 05:38 PM

Warren-need to talk to ya

Pls call me 228-297-1371...Thanks!

GO4BROKE 06-05-2007 07:58 PM

I take my kids out in 4' seas, that aint rough !
Just buy it, you'll be happy.

berco 06-05-2007 08:20 PM

Hey Hugh, water pump replacement , John did mine the day of the sea trial in under a 1/2 hour on the lift We still love the boat next is more power

thanks jim