Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sonic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic-46/)
-   -   Finished Some Projects (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic/200427-finished-some-projects.html)

Plum_Crazy 12-19-2008 06:42 PM

Finished Some Projects

1 Attachment(s)
I can't leave anything alone. I only had this boat out 3 times since I bought it, but knew it needed a few changes.

First up were some HPI mufflers. Minnesota has a very strict 84dB limit and where I boat on the St. Croix and Mississippi Rivers it's also strictly enforced. Before, my wife and I couldn't have a conversation while cruising at 3500 RPM. Now, it's no problem. I still plan to install some custom turn-downs as well to really get it quiet in the no-wake zones. GGB is making them.

Plum_Crazy 12-19-2008 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everything stored in the V-berth kept ending up on the floor. The solution was a white Pro-net tailgate net.

Plum_Crazy 12-19-2008 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The passenger side was a little drab. Plus, only I could see the GPS speed. Starting with an updated dash panel, I added a Gaffrig digital speedo that is tapped into my Garmin. A blue bezel and grab handle finished it off. Here's some before and after pics...

Plum_Crazy 12-19-2008 06:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, those white plastic steps had to go! I had Eddie Marine custom-make some steps for me. They are the same large steps that others have, but with different rubber inserts.

exmark31 12-19-2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy (Post 2762362)
Everything stored in the V-berth kept ending up on the floor. The solution was a white Pro-net tailgate net.

Can you take a picture from the other side to show how you mounted the net. That looks great. I put all the floats in that area then while running down the lake they end up everywhere.

Plum_Crazy 12-19-2008 08:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by exmark31 (Post 2762392)
Can you take a picture from the other side to show how you mounted the net. That looks great. I put all the floats in that area then while running down the lake they end up everywhere.

Sure, I used the hardware that came with the Pro-net and bought their accessory "Speedclips" to make removal a snap.

Sydwayz 12-19-2008 10:35 PM

The boat looks great!

I put a cargo net from a GM car trunk in my V-berth opening. I just used the stick on 3M hooks from Home Depot, as I was too nervous to drill. They worked well all season.

GO4BROKE 12-20-2008 07:02 AM

I also used a trunk net in my 31. The pronet with speed clips is genius! Wonder if it comes in yellow, would be good for keeping squirmy kids in the v berth overnight.

GO4BROKE 12-20-2008 07:05 AM

Damn, no yellow

The Original Performance Series Pro Net - Three sizes, for full-size, mid-size and compact pickups. Constructed of heavy-duty 22 oz. vinyl-coated polyester fabric, with stainless steel mounting hardware. Available in blue, red, black, white or gray.
Full-Size - 18" H x 59 ¾" W
Mid-Size - 17" H x 55 ½" W
Compact - 15" H x 49 ¾"

exmark31 12-20-2008 09:53 AM

Thanks Plum Crazy I'll be doing that to mine this spring.