Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !! >

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Notices

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I launched yesterday...... my preferred ramp was closed so the alternate was necessary. The windf was blowing hard across the ramp.... so hard the waves were splashing into the engine bay vents!! Hit the key...... Bam!! it started right up!~ Great.... no for #2..... it started great too. I just quickly adjusted the timing on both engines, checked the fluid levels again, closed the hatch and backed off the trailer. Idled around for awhile & rechecked everything for leaks.... I had a transom water leak around the transom assembly last summer. Everything looked good so closed up again & headed out. Everything worked great, no sproblems.... it worries me cause this has never happened!! So I am cautious and suspicious too!! I drove around some, sat on the beach and had a couple of beers with friends, everyone said the engines sounded great, watched the "babes", etc. for about 5 hours...... checked the bilge again.... no leaks yet. Again, started with a "flick" of the switch which it has never done and off we went. No problems!! What a relief. Of course I still have prop selection problems to keep from blowing out coming up on plane, but otherwise it was "anti-climactic" after all this time and trouble. I stayed consevative and never went over about 3700 rpm.... I want a little runn time to get comfortable with the engines as being reliable before I nail it to see it's performance. I'll let you know soon.
George
Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blown Formula

Great To Here Everything Went Good. Kind Of Sounds Like You Dont Know How Too Take It With No Problems. I'm Sure You'll Figure It Out. Are You Running 28 Bravos On The -2 Imcos ? Keep Us Up Dated It's Been Along Road And Sounds Like Your Near The End Of It. But I'm Sure Their Will Be Something Else To Try. Good Luck John M.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy thats been a long road. Congrats on the trouble free ride!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

How is the boat doing and how fast is it?