Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sonic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic-46/)
-   -   Sonic Pic's Lets See Your Rides!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic/92162-sonic-pics-lets-see-your-rides.html)

Sonicdriver 02-23-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Sonic Pic's Lets See Your Rides!!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
This is Mmaverick's new boat...

captbkoch 02-23-2005 05:45 PM

Wow isnt it funny how the public turns on you after you give them what they want ! Fish tails has as much a right to be on here and Biotching as any of you who have had problems and posted them here. This is a forum for all to see , far be it for you to decide what can and cant be said in this forum. As for the Bayliner stuff "blow it out your ass" as Luda would say!! Fish tails nor myself are new to this game! As I have continued to say , over and over all I want to do is provide my customers with my knowledge and respect. "Cant we all just get along" Rodney King. Aka Elvis

sonic31 02-23-2005 06:01 PM

Some very nice boats i must say!!!!

shewbart 02-23-2005 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Open to all as far as I am concerned just the facts please.
Cass

Madcow 02-23-2005 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by captbkoch
Wow isnt it funny how the public turns on you after you give them what they want ! Fish tails has as much a right to be on here and Biotching as any of you who have had problems and posted them here.

You may be right about that , and I have just as much right to bicth about what I want to. Just because he worked for the company at one time he thinks he knows something about the boats, well I'm the one who has used the finished product for years through all kinds of environments. And I know first hand the product works. If my stringers ever come flying out like he's saying they should, I may agree with him, but as of right now he's talking out his a$$.

captbkoch 02-24-2005 07:37 AM

Mad moo , I'm sorry but i cant find where Fishtails said anything about stingers flying out of the boat, just that a 42 has never been a trip or staggared configuration. What year is your boat? Not trying to be a smart ass , how many hours on your boat? I'm sure you must have a job that pays for the fuel. All Im getting at here is that Fish tails was around and on Sonics alot more than a good number of people in here, seatrials, deliverys, demo rides and being at the factory each and every day. Not that any of this makes him an expert ,but that it does quantify what he / she is saying.

45sonic 02-24-2005 07:47 AM

First off, Sonic has made a triple 42 and a triple 38. Second, Captbkoch and Fish Tails how long have you worked for Sonic or worked at Sonic ??????? :mad: :mad:

captbkoch 02-24-2005 08:04 AM

Thats true on the 38, Id like to see the trip 42 must have only had bolsters. 35= twins , 38= twins trips staggared, 42 =twins , 45= twins trips and staggared. 12 months and 6/7 months.

45sonic 02-24-2005 09:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's one

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=91061

captbkoch 02-24-2005 02:55 PM

Not able to see the pics as its no longer on yacht world. I would think its a 45 if it has trips. as far as the info thats available no 42 trip boats. the guy must have made a typo , just like they did with the pricing

Madcow 02-24-2005 08:20 PM

Wish I had the brochure here. It's in my office. Tripps are among the offerings. I have met one other guy who had one. If you look at the engine compatment its the same stringer system as the 45. As far as the cockpit it's the same as every other 42. The center engine fits very nicely under the back seat, just as on most 45s. The 45s with big power move the back seat forward for more engine clearance. At least thats they way the ones built in the 90s are. Can't speak for how they are now.

stretchnout 02-24-2005 09:50 PM

Farfrumwerken, We are planning some good stuff this year hope you can make it. How was florida ? Hope you found everything that you were looking for :D. give me a call when ever you get a chance. We are going to do some pretty good trips this year.....I can only tell you that alot of libations will be consumed..... :drink:

Jimi

farfrumwerken 02-24-2005 10:18 PM

Hey Stretchnout....FL was great! There were 17 total in our group; most from here, but Paula and Steve joined us from Ft. Lauderdale (they used to be on 'B' Dock - He's a Navy Capt.). Couldn't get in touch with Wayne. Checked up on the GenSet and decided what to do. Also picked up a couple of other things - nothing with 2 legs though!! Plenty of eye candy!! Keep me informed of the plans this year...I'll give you a call.

Catagory5 02-25-2005 12:38 AM

One of a kind graphics? hmm

Madcow 02-25-2005 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Tails
keep in mind you have seen the same brochure now for 3 years running maybe they were thinking about building one in2002 and just never got to it yet..

I think the problem with building one is then they need to sell it. It's been my experience most people don't want tripps. Personally, I don't mind. I have 1500 VERY reliable horsepower. Yeah, it cost a little more gas and tune up time, but my boating is all about reliability.

45sonic 02-25-2005 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Tails
sorry mad moo several 38s never a 42 where does the third engine go in the fridge?

Might want to check out post # 20.

Chuck 02-27-2005 04:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some updated pictures of Aaron's new boat taken at the Miami Boat Show. Sarasota is only 32 days away!!!!! :drink:

islandracer 03-07-2005 03:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2004 31 SS

"i like it like that"

myturn 03-11-2005 03:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This was my 28SS

East Coast B 03-11-2005 09:09 AM

MYTURN... What year, power and speed numbers did you see with your 28SS?

myturn 03-11-2005 09:32 AM

28SS Data:

-- Twin 260 MPI Small Blocks
-- Top Speed 65MPH
-- Cruise 42MPH@ 3000 RPM
-- Four Bladed Props (Company bought by Fountain)
-- 13.6GPH @ Cruise
-- Marine head, fans, microwave, lots of extras

Great boat I shouldn't have sold it! A lot running on the
Indian River and Atlantic. I was never passed when the
going got rough, and never got wet!

East Coast B 03-11-2005 09:52 AM

Is that the Indian River Inlet near OCMD?

What pitch 4 blades were you running? Much better getting on plane with the 4 blade?

Did you have to use much tab when running with the 28ss?

Thanks for the info! Always looking for owner insights on the various models.

myturn 03-11-2005 10:48 AM

The Indian River is in Brevard and Indian river counties
of Florida. The four bladed props (21' pitch) were made by a company in Lakeland, FL. It was bought out by Fountain.
Basically with the 28SS you could leave the drives tucked
in and the tabs set at 2 and you could run 55 to 60 all day
in any conditions except heavy seas (3-4ft) in which case
you would have to trim the bow down. Time to get on
plane at this setting was 6-7sec.

By the way the inlets used were Sebastian (dangerous)
and Ft Pierce.

sonic28 03-29-2005 09:36 PM

come on guy's need more pic'si need to pick my color scheme quick. i did like a couple i saw in this forum but need to see more hint i do like yellow -purple and a little red

myturn 03-30-2005 08:06 PM

In my opinion DYNO has the best looking boat! However,
all Sonics look good.

Myturn

Sonic Steve 04-07-2005 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's our new addition.

Sydwayz 04-07-2005 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic Steve
Here's our new addition.

WOW WOW WOW!!! That is awesome. DETAILS!! DETAILS!!

Sonic Steve 04-07-2005 09:45 PM

Thanks Brian, Long story short we lost our 42 Sonic in our storage facility on Jan 14 due to a fire. We were fortunate to have found this boat, a 2002 358 with Hp 500 efi's and xr drives with just 100 hours. I would have never dreamed of down sizeing but this boat was to beautiful to pass up.

We do a considerable amount of trailering and the 42 was too big getting in and out of gas stations and moving around town. So I think for the amount of trailering we do this boat best suits our needs. :evilb:

Steve

Sydwayz 04-07-2005 09:55 PM

Awesome boat. Hate what happened to your 42.

I LOVE some purple on a boat, but you got me WAY trumped.

http://members.cox.net/activethunder...ges/SCOPE4.jpg

sonic31 04-08-2005 04:20 PM

Hey Steve ever on the chain with that boat, looks good!!!1

jlsnyder26_Sonic 04-08-2005 06:34 PM

Here is a pic of '04 Prowlerfrom last summer...

Just click on pic
http://img8.imagevenue.com/loc194/th_8b0_DSC00839.JPG

Sonic Steve 04-11-2005 07:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Brian, your Thunder is awesome.
Sonic31, We live near the chain and spit our time between lake Michigan and the chain o lakes. You might remember this boat, this was our boat before the 42 Sonic.

sonic31 04-12-2005 10:16 AM

Think i remember see that one, man i hope to see your new one out there looks sharp. :drink:

steve chalupka 04-12-2005 07:57 PM

Sonic Steve -
I heard about your boat from my mechanic (I store mine in Ingleside at his facilty- Marine Performance Products). I'm getting mine out of storage Saturday. Had a few new "dress up" parts installed on mine over the winter (purple vents, step pads, fire ext. brackets, horn cover).
Hope to see you on the chain.
Steve -

stinger390 01-01-2007 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was very close to buying this one a year ago. 1989 38 Super Sport. Pair of 540's with about 150 hours and built for prochargers which were included but not installed. All rebuilt and cryo'ed TRS's, new trailer etc...I had a hard time with all the yellow and pink. It was up between this and a Miami Vice Scarab KV. I went with the Scarab, but long story...I ended up with a 39' Stinger after the Sonic was sold and the deal on the Scarab fell through. This was a great boat, and it went pretty cheap too. Anyone know where it went? It was at Between the Bridges marina in the rack in Old Saybrook, CT

stinger390 01-01-2007 04:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more

OL40SVX 01-01-2007 05:11 PM

That was a nice Sonic. They kept really good care of it.

mikebrls 01-01-2007 05:59 PM

new to me for about 3 month's now . i bought the boat from scott ferguson on the board . boat run's real nice and i get a lot of look's from other boater's even ones in big a$$ 60 f.t. pluss cruiser's :) went out today and the weather was perfect low 80's and light breeze not bad for january in fort lickerdale
:)
any way here,s a link to my boat if anyone know's how to resize them and can load them on this link that would be great .
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=143819

thank's
mike berg
wass up kid
2004 386 sonic

mikesonic 01-02-2007 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
its you in intracostal at the bridge hallandale beach blvd the decemder 20 2006 nice sonic i like it

mikebrls 01-02-2007 05:19 PM

Yes That Was Me .
Thank's Good Pic
Mike
Wass Up Kid :)