Notices

python boats

Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default python boats

anyone know the history on python. ive found a couple and they just dont show up on any forums
Old 11-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made in Atlanta, 24 x 7 similar to Pantera, Superboat etc., no longer made.

I have heard both good and bad about the build quality, guess its just what your comparing it to.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcom to OSO

I sold my python about 6 months ago. I understood that it was a splash of the old 24 excalibur. OSO member rbr2328......something like that, knows everything you ever wanted to know about Python boats. I believe he helped build them for a while.......but I maybe wrong. The name has been bought and somebody here is building a 30ft python, but Jim never made a 30ft. I believe that python built boats from around 1978-2002. I think the 24's were designed for river racing, but mine handled the rough very well. I've heard good and bad, of course most of the bad came from people shopping and most of the good came from owners. Most of the problems I read about were nothing out of the norm for a 20+ yr boat. I had a 1992 24 vector and I thought that the boat was built very well built. I ran it hard in Texoma 2-3's, its a lot of fun in the chop once you get on top. Never had any stress cracks. It is very similar to a pantera or superboat. I think the python is faster than the pantera, but the build quality of the pantera is much better and most python's reflect that in the price. Mine had a 502 w/390hp, the spedometer didn't work that well, but I saw 68 on the handheld gps with 4 people and a full tank. I sold it to Donman here on OSO and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying it. I've seen guys with a 502 415hp get 80mph. I see your in granbury, not far from Fort Worth. I've got a ton of pics if you would like to see the layout of mine - just post your email. For the money - I think they are a perfect entry level offshore boat.

I think that python82 has an 1982 python with arneson surface drive that he really enjoys. Last I remember he was looking to sell it because he bought a 28 pantera. python82 lives somewhere in TX not too far from Grandbury.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Welcom to OSO

I sold my python about 6 months ago. I understood that it was a splash of the old 24 excalibur. OSO member rbr2328......something like that, knows everything you ever wanted to know about Python boats. I believe he helped build them for a while.......but I maybe wrong. The name has been bought and somebody here is building a 30ft python, but Jim never made a 30ft. I believe that python built boats from around 1978-2002. I think the 24's were designed for river racing, but mine handled the rough very well. I've heard good and bad, of course most of the bad came from people shopping and most of the good came from owners. Most of the problems I read about were nothing out of the norm for a 20+ yr boat. I had a 1992 24 vector and I thought that the boat was built very well built. I ran it hard in Texoma 2-3's, its a lot of fun in the chop once you get on top. Never had any stress cracks. It is very similar to a pantera or superboat. I think the python is faster than the pantera, but the build quality of the pantera is much better and most python's reflect that in the price. Mine had a 502 w/390hp, the spedometer didn't work that well, but I saw 68 on the handheld gps with 4 people and a full tank. I sold it to Donman here on OSO and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying it. I've seen guys with a 502 415hp get 80mph. I see your in granbury, not far from Fort Worth. I've got a ton of pics if you would like to see the layout of mine - just post your email. For the money - I think they are a perfect entry level offshore boat.

I think that python82 has an 1982 python with arneson surface drive that he really enjoys. Last I remember he was looking to sell it because he bought a 28 pantera. python82 lives somewhere in TX not too far from Grandbury.

Good luck.
Yer description sounds a lot like mine, but I wanted a Python owner to say it, not a Pantera owner
The following users liked this post:
GeorgeSpencer (02-06-2024)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Yer description sounds a lot like mine, but I wanted a Python owner to say it, not a Pantera owner
For the record - I've never seen a 24 pantera up close, but I have seen a 28 that was put through A LOT, so I based my opinion on the fact that the 24's are built just as tough as the 28's.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Whats a thread without pics.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Rockymntn (01-29-2021)
Old 11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

i think 24 is all the boat i need for Lake Granbury. we get 3' swells after the fireworks on the 4th but thats about it. my 19' rogers takes a beating unless we are in the river. we were thinking about something fairly easy to tow so we could make more trips.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Yep, lake grandbury is a tiny lake. These 24/7 boats do not turn very well. They are made to go fast - straight and in modest rough. On lake grandbury you will get like what maybe a 5 minute blast at best and pray that no jetskiiers are in the way.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

I still have my python. If you want to talk about it give me a call @ 936-545-7881.

Brandon
Old 11-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Registered

Your right its a small lake alright. That doesnt stop the boys from running.There are probably 40-45 locals that run 28'-45' rigs. Daytonas, Fountains, Scarabs, whatever we even see an occasional blown alcohol,thats usualy just before dark. I've not yet seen a Python nor a Pantera.

Quick Reply: python boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.