2011 Lake Travis Powerboat Association Events Schedule

Notices

2011 Lake Travis Powerboat Association Events Schedule

Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lake Travis Powerboat Association Events Schedule

hi everyone,

The LTPA Board has set the dates for their 2011 summer season. The dates for our runs are as follows:

April 30th
May 21st
June 25th <= new date
July 16th
August 20th
September 17th

The charities we are helping this year include: Red Arena Children's Therapy, Shriner's Burn Hospital for Kids, Sunshine Kids, and Make-A-Wish.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Last edited by photoguy; 02-17-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Thanks...will hopefully make a few of the runs this year for the 2011 Tour
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Registered

This will be my first year doing any poker runs but i would like to get into it, where do i sign up?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedRinker
This will be my first year doing any poker runs but i would like to get into it, where do i sign up?
For the LTPA memberships, check the website for the sign form. Membership incluldes, amoung other things, fuel discounts at many marinas around the lake.

For each run, we're pretty informal with the signups. We do all the registrations the morning of the runs. The runs are always on Saturdays and start at 10am. At noon, we leave the first location and travel to a lunch stop. Depending on the run, we will raft off or tied up somewhere on the lake until roughly 4:30pm. The run ends at a waterfront venue where the last card draw is around 5:30pm, followed by a calcutta on most occasions.

The details of each run are set a few weeks ahead of the run and listed on the website (www.ltpa.net) as well as sent out to our e-mail list.

We hope to see you there......

Last edited by photoguy; 02-01-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Awesome i look forward to it! Hope im not the slowest one! lol
Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

hi everyone,
We moved the June date to the 25th as the 11th is the date of the ROT Rally. It'll be a great year on the lake.

Red Rinker<< trust me, I will be the slowest one out there....
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Registered

We are going to try and make the July 16th run. This will be our first time on Lake Travis, can someone give information on lodging.

Is it best to find a Marina and leave the boat in the water that way you can pick and choose the hotel/cabin you want to stay at?

Or are the places to stay that the boat on the trailer will be safe at night while we are away from the hotel doing some night time fun activities around Austin?

We would prefer to stay close to the lake.

Any recomendations on where to stay???

Murray..
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Lakeway Inn is very nice. There are some bed & breakfast places on the lake which may be an option also. Yes, I believe you can get an overnight slip at LW or possibly Carlos & Charlies. The marinas are safe and secure to leave a boats over night, this s/n be an issue. Lots of hotels in and around the lake to stay at also.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Default places to stay

Originally Posted by Chevy Power
We are going to try and make the July 16th run. This will be our first time on Lake Travis, can someone give information on lodging.

Is it best to find a Marina and leave the boat in the water that way you can pick and choose the hotel/cabin you want to stay at?

Or are the places to stay that the boat on the trailer will be safe at night while we are away from the hotel doing some night time fun activities around Austin?

We would prefer to stay close to the lake.

Any recomendations on where to stay???

Murray..
A few more options: The Mountain Star Lodge between Lakeway and Bee Cave and the Hampton(Hawthorn?) Suites in Lakeway. You will need to find a good place to put in though. Usually Mansfield Dam is the location of choice.

If you stay at the Lakeway Inn, you can put in right on the premises and leave your trailer there.

Last edited by photoguy; 03-07-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Hi everyone,

For the June Poker Run, we are moving the date back to the 11th of June in order to combine efforts with Maggie’s Hope (http://www.maggieshope.org) to help children with Autism. This is a wonderful opportunity to join forces with a great organization which helps so many kids across Texas.

As a reminder, our first run is on Saturday, April 30th. Come out and join us. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our events this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.