Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run >

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Notices

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Old 11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Signed up and booked my condo toady!! Hey busta is that one of your crew that is looking for 93?

Last edited by T-RAV; 11-02-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

As Busta said, we're going this year. I am working on the logistics for departure a time with Jerry and a few other things for go fasts. I'll also be sending an email out to all Lake Conroe Powerboat Club members, posting the information on our Facebook page, and updating this post as well. This is a great event for a great cause and should be done at least once in a lifetime!!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Sweet glad to hear there will be some other go fast out there. We are planning on staying at pirates cove as of now, so I'm glad to know it is a decent place. Do you think my 25ol would have any trouble launching at bridgebait? What time is a good time to be down there to launch with all the traffic? Do y'all try to run with the pack or do you tend to be out front? If y'all did put in at the San b would you run back to Freeport or just take off from there? Sorry for all the questions, first time,I'm sure I will have more questions as it gets closer. Thanks

Travis
Hey Travis,
No problem on the questions. As for launching your 25 at Bridgebait, you'll probably be okay. It really just depends on the tide. I launched my old 252 there before and just had to trim way up. If we put in on the San Bernard, we will go back around to Bridgebait by boat to pick up whoever drives the trucks and trailers back over. I'll be driving the boat back over to pick up Cari (Baja Barbie). Otherwise she might get mad if I left her at the ramp, LOL!

As for timing, well I think we've always been late. I don't think we've ever really gotten out of there before 10:00. I've run with the front of the pack until we get to Matargorda Bay and then we usually haul from there. There's a few big fishing boats that will run too. This year, I think we're going to try to coordinate something where maybe the go fasts leave a little later so we're not passing people left and right (the ICW isn't that wide) or struggling to stay on plane.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Baja Barbie
As Busta said, we're going this year. I am working on the logistics for departure a time with Jerry and a few other things for go fasts. I'll also be sending an email out to all Lake Conroe Powerboat Club members, posting the information on our Facebook page, and updating this post as well. This is a great event for a great cause and should be done at least once in a lifetime!!
I will be going as a member of the LCPC.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

@ busts thanks for the information, up to 30 boats, that's a lot of toys! If anyone needs 93 the only place I have found it at is the fishing center in POC, 361-983-4440. Keep me posted if there is going to be a later start time for the go fast, I'm not much of a mornIng person. Lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Baja Barbie just posted on our webpage (Lake Conroe Powerboat Club) that the fast boats would start at 1100. At least that is when we are starting. The stop in Matagorda does not have 93? I need 93 but can run on 89 (emergencies only usually). Guess I will fill up in POC and bring lots of Octane booster.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Baja Barbie just posted on our webpage (Lake Conroe Powerboat Club) that the fast boats would start at 1100. At least that is when we are starting. The stop in Matagorda does not have 93? I need 93 but can run on 89 (emergencies only usually). Guess I will fill up in POC and bring lots of Octane booster.
I checked with russels bait camp and all they had was 87, I found another one in matagorda but I think it might be the same place, one of the pictures look similar, Rawlings bait 979-863-7669. What's the range of your boat? 11 sounds good to me if y'all don't mind me tagging along with ya.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I have a 155 gal tank so it really depends on how fast we go and if I get into the boost any as to my range. I can make it down on a tank easily and probably only burn half a tank. I noticed that the Fishing Center is right near Pirates Cove condos so that will work perfect for me.
You should tag along with us, we have a great group. It looks like we have 5 boats coming so far.
Not sure as to where we will launch yet. I know it wil be high tide at 1053 on the 3rd so that should help us out.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
11 sounds good to me if y'all don't mind me tagging along with ya.
We'd be more than happy to have you tag along! Hopefully, the weather cooperates with us!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
I have a 155 gal tank so it really depends on how fast we go and if I get into the boost any as to my range. I can make it down on a tank easily and probably only burn half a tank. I noticed that the Fishing Center is right near Pirates Cove condos so that will work perfect for me.
You should tag along with us, we have a great group. It looks like we have 5 boats coming so far.
Not sure as to where we will launch yet. I know it wil be high tide at 1053 on the 3rd so that should help us out.
Hey Jim - good to hear that you're going to make it. Im hearing that we may have 7 or 8 boats so far but we'll see as things get closer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.