Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run >

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Notices

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Old 11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I saw on 2cool where they are doing construction on the locks at the brazos, might be something to check to make sure y'all will be able to get through.

Good find, it looks like we'll be okay but we'll definitely want to check as the event gets closer. According to this link, they're not closing them on the weekends and it also doesn't show activity after Nov. 28 but then later mentions work will probably go into Feb???

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Locks/...LockStatus.asp

I think most our group is going to try and be in the water and leave Freeport around 11am. There's a lot of slower boat traffic that will be leaving at 9 which can make it hard to stay on plane. The ICW also isn't that wide so passing requires getting a little close to other boats while throwing a lot of wake their way. Cari already discussed this with Bill (one of the event organizers) and everyone agreed that this sounded like a good plan. I don't think we'll have any problems catching up with the pack!

Last edited by Busta; 11-16-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Busta
Good find, it looks like we'll be okay but we'll definitely want to check as the event gets closer. According to this link, they're not closing them on the weekends and it also doesn't show activity after Nov. 28 but then later mentions work will probably go into Feb???

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Locks/...LockStatus.asp

I think most our group is going to try and be in the water and leave Freeport around 11am. There's a lot of slower boat traffic that will be leaving at 9 which can make it hard to stay on plane. The ICW also isn't that wide so passing requires getting a little close to other boats while throwing a lot of wake their way. Cari already discussed this with Bill (one of the event organizers) and everyone agreed that this sounded like a good plan. I don't think we'll have any problems catching up with the pack!
I want to get down there early in case I have trouble launching I have time to run over to the other ramp. My trailer sucks and drags on every ramp so in case of a hangup, literally, I'll have time to run over and try the brazos ramp. Good website, I'll post it over on 2cool for bill and those guys to see.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

i talked to surfside marina today it 6.00 per foot for them to launch but the lady said they launch 42 ft trailer boats at bridge bait unless it real low tide i also talk to afreind who has a 38 fountain cc told my he launchs there alot going to be fun
Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Busta how are you!!

PM me your phone number so we can catch up. Claudia may want to do this in our "new" center console!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Here are a couple of links to Marine Weather and the Weather buoys in the Gulf of Mexico/along our way

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/gulf.htm

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/maps/WestGulf.shtml

Some good info can be found from the weather buoys on actual water conditions

Jim
Old 11-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Who's planning on doing the lighted boat parade?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

T-Rav I probably will. Just got to pick up some lights from walmart. I hear they throw beads to so I am going to get a bunch of them as well. It's my first year so I am going to try everything, at least that is the plan.

Last edited by rgrgoog; 11-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

The Lake Conroe Crew and I will meet at this ramp http://www.freeport.tx.us/docs/1-201...s_Brochure.pdf. You can also copy and paste these GPS coordinates into Google Maps so you can get directions: 28.956004,-95.361917

Cari said to be at the ramp in the water by NLT 1100 ready to go. Cari, will lead the Trucks and trailers to Bridge Bait and we (boats) will move down river to Bridge Bait to meet them there so you can pick the the rest of your crew up. We will then pick up the other Go-Fasts and begin the journey.

Last edited by rgrgoog; 11-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
T-Rav I probably will. Just got to pick up some lights from walmart. I hear they throw beads to so I am going to get a bunch of them as well. It's my first year so I am going to try everything, at least that is the plan.
I'm thinking the same. Wanna try everything, if you want icicle lights measure out what you need, I might have enough for ya. We could trade lights for some beads maybe. Since your in the state to get them!. I will meet up with y'all at bridge bait, I shouldnt have a problem putting in there. Can't wait! Anyone know the best way to hook lights up? Power inverter maybe?

Travis

Last edited by T-RAV; 11-20-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I'm thinking the same. Wanna try everything, if you want icicle lights measure out what you need, I might have enough for ya. We could trade lights for some beads maybe. Since your in the state to get them!. I will meet up with y'all at bridge bait, I shouldnt have a problem putting in there. Can't wait! Anyone know the best way to hook lights up? Power inverter maybe?

Travis
I am going to plug mine right in, but I have a couple of 120v outlets installed in my cabin. I would guess you need an inverter and then plug them in there or get some of these solar powered lights:

http://www.christmaslights.com/chris...hts102leds.cfm
They make them with battery power as well.

Last edited by rgrgoog; 11-20-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.