Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Notices

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta
Didn't anyone tell you bimini's and blowers don't go together! Kidding, you'll be the one laughing at us if it does rain and you have some shelter and we're getting drenched.
Ya he'll be laughing until that north wind rips his Bimini and he gets drenched! If it starts pouring my crew will run into the cabin and laugh at me the whole time!!

Originally Posted by Baja Barbie
Don't worry about mailing the parade registration, the POC Chamber won't get it in time. Just hang on to it you can give it to Bill at the captains meeting.
Thanks I will do that.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

I think I'm going to bring a combination of my 4 wheeling and snow skiing gear...waders, rain jackets, goggles, facemasks, etc.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think I'm going to bring a combination of my 4 wheeling and snow skiing gear...waders, rain jackets, goggles, facemasks, etc.
I will be bringing anything I have that's warm and keeps you dry! It will probably be camo based so it might be hard to see me!
On another note I just read about the toy run and light parade in dolphin talk, port O'Conner and seadrifts's leading newspaper! It was front page news should be a big weekend!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Barbie
Busta/Boatman will lead the boats.
Don't follow me, I don't really know where I'm going. I just follow the ICW and then hope the red and green buoys are in the right spot when I cross the bay. Actually I think I've usually followed a couple of the faster fishing boats across on the way there and lucked out on the way back. I'm sure Boatman can put his trusty GPS on auto pilot and get us there though!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
IOn another note I just read about the toy run and light parade in dolphin talk, port O'Conner and seadrifts's leading newspaper! It was front page news should be a big weekend!

It's a really big deal there. I believe they've actually had news crews there in the past filming as boats re-enter the ICW from the bay coming into Port O'Connor. The town totally caters and appreciates this event. They'll have volunteers that will shuttle you around in their personal vehicles, etc. The fireworks show there last year was crazy and it was all done off the front of someone's boat!

Last edited by Busta; 11-28-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Didn't anyone tell you bimini's and blowers don't go together! Kidding, you'll be the one laughing at us if it does rain and you have some shelter and we're getting drenched.
Yeah I think I might just bring the rain suit and full face helmets. That way I can drop the hammer and beat the weather. I recently put a bigger chartplotter on my boat as well with the $400 G2 map upgrade, so You can follow me across the bay. I got a Garmin 521s. It is nice with the Blue chart G2 vision maps. The bimini was going to be for the boat parade in the event it is raining then.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I will be bringing anything I have that's warm and keeps you dry! It will probably be camo based so it might be hard to see me!
Actually me and my buddy might go this direction!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's a really big deal there. I believe they've actually had news crews there in the past filming as boats re-enter the ICW from the bay coming into Port O'Connor. The town totally caters and appreciates this event. They'll have volunteers that will shuttle you around in their personal vehicles, etc. The fireworks show there last year was crazy and it was all done off the front of somone's boat!
They are saying no fireworks this year because of the burn ban. I remember reading about the run in dolphin talk last year which is what gave us the idea to do it. I am in seadrift every other day basically so I read that paper a lot.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Don't follow me, I don't really know where I'm going. I just follow the ICW and then hope the red and green buoys are in the right spot when I cross the bay. Actually I think I've usually followed a couple of the faster fishing boats across on the way there and lucked out on the way back. I'm sure Boatman can put his trusty GPS on auto pilot and get us there though!
I'm going to follow everyone that way I can see who slings mud and go the opposite way!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Well I got 60 dozen Mardi Gras beads I will be bringing so if you need some beads for the parade I can probably hook you up. The LCPC members have first digs but after that I will give the rest out to whomever needs some to throw to the kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.