Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Anyone going out in clear lake Saturday 5/19? >

Anyone going out in clear lake Saturday 5/19?

Notices

Anyone going out in clear lake Saturday 5/19?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going out in clear lake Saturday 5/19?

If I'm off work on saturday we will prob hit the lake, I was just going to see if anyone else was planning on being out.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

I was suppose to take my Cigarette Top Gun for a trial run this weekend and test the new Arneson ASD7M drives that are being installed. Just talked to the shop and there is no way it is going to be ready this weekend. The hydraulic hoses will not be in until Friday, even though my boat has been in the shop since the 1st week of Jan.. There has been so many delays, I doubt it will be ready for Memorial Day. I guess I will go to Sam Rayburn Lake this weekend and chill, cook, get some sun, swim and have a couple of beers.
Have Fun!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Man you have got to beyond frustrated. Sorry to hear about all the delays. Dosent look like il be able to get out this weekend now, my son is sick and looks like I'm going to have to work anyways. Have fun up at Rayburn my buddies says that real fun place.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered

If you like crowds, Memorial Day is fun at Sam Rayburn. Snake Island is the best party spot. Usually about 3-4 rows deep of boats on a holiday. Sandy Beach. The 4th of July has about 4-5 rows of boats. There is a couple of other good beaches. Also, There is a place that has a long beach and people race their outboards. The water is very high this year, and the beaches are smaller now. The highest I have seen it in 5 years. If you have never been to Rayburn, it is best to go with someone that knows the area. You can hit a stump if you venture and explore areas that you should not go, like the north half part of the lake or coves. The Lake Maps and GPS maps are pretty acurate. The best boat launch is the 1st boat lauch East of the Dam on 255. It is in a cove and you don't have to worry about waves or wind. I launch my 38 Cigarette Top Gun there all the time. It think it has 4 lanes.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Registered

I was going to try and hit the water Sat, but forgot I had a prior engagement. Im going to go Sunday, but i think ill stay up on the northside, and do Conroe or Somerville.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Registered

T-Rav
Our boat club (Topps) will be re doing the docks at the turtle club on saturday. Just trying to make them a little more boat friendly. come by if you can. If we finish I will out on sunday.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Visual Contact
T-Rav
Our boat club (Topps) will be re doing the docks at the turtle club on saturday. Just trying to make them a little more boat friendly. come by if you can. If we finish I will out on sunday.
Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately it looks like I will be working all stinking weekend. It looked like I was going to be home Sunday am, but that changed when I woke up this am. Hopefully I can get "sick" next weekend and take the boat out instead of going to storage and looking at her!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
I was going to try and hit the water Sat, but forgot I had a prior engagement. Im going to go Sunday, but i think ill stay up on the northside, and do Conroe or Somerville.
We still need to get together sometime. Your side or mine.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Even though the shop told me this the weekend before Tickfaw 200 and screwed up all my plans, my boat should be ready next Friday. If so, I will bring my boat home, clean it up and be ready for Memorial Day. Is anything going on good that weekend? Where's the boat party? Turtle Club?, Top Water Grill?, Papas on Conroe?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Even though the shop told me this the weekend before Tickfaw 200 and screwed up all my plans, my boat should be ready next Friday. If so, I will bring my boat home, clean it up and be ready for Memorial Day. Is anything going on good that weekend? Where's the boat party? Turtle Club?, Top Water Grill?, Papas on Conroe?
ya what he said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.