Notices

Texas chat!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I live in Mansfield, family has a place at Sunset Cove on Texoma, but have a 5 month old and 2 1/2 year old so damn near impossible to do any boating right now, especially with the heat. I was Jonesin so bad for a boat ride I took the wahoo to joe pool lake.
Never been to Joe pool, small lake ?
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody go to Sam Rayburn Reservoir? I go there all the time and we are going this weekend. Our Cigarette Top Gun is in the shop getting Arneson Surface drives now, so I have been boatless all summer. The link below is a video of us on Sam Rayburn while it was white capping. I have never been to Texoma, but I would love to go. I just don't like the idea of staying at a hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlVp03iTLA

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 08-03-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered

There are very very few power boaters on Belton Lake If anyone happens to be up in the area, let me know! I am out almost every weekend.

Last edited by Jay Gadsby; 08-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Never been to Joe pool, small lake ?
Yep, pretty small.....I can drive the whole lake is less than an hour in my tiny 16 wahoo. Gets packed with lake lice and other inexperienced drivers.........a lot like Lake Lewisville. Can get pretty dangerous on a holiday. Its sits between Grand Prairie and Duncanville. Lynn creek marina has a cool bar/restaurant (Oasis) with live music most eveyday during the summer weekends. Its is a pretty lake cause there are no lakehouses allowed and the hills of duncanville make for a nice almost mountain like backdrop.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Anybody go to Sam Rayburn Reservoir? I go there all the time and we are going this weekend. Our Cigarette Top Gun is in the shop getting Arneson Surface drives now, so I have been boatless all summer. The link below is a video of us on Sam Rayburn while it was white capping. I have never been to Texoma, but I would love to go. I just don't like the idea of staying at a hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlVp03iTLA
Nice video. Can't believe you've never been on Texoma. The sand beaches and islands will blow you away. You should rent a day slip and overnight in the cigarette.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Nice video. Can't believe you've never been on Texoma. The sand beaches and islands will blow you away. You should rent a day slip and overnight in the cigarette.
I may do that when it gets cooler. It's way too hot now. Is it safe keeping the truck and tailer at the boat launch, or is there a marina that has a boat lauch that has security?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I may do that when it gets cooler. It's way too hot now. Is it safe keeping the truck and tailer at the boat launch, or is there a marina that has a boat lauch that has security?
Most all the marinas have a night watchman. I have left my truck and trailer overnight at some less traveled ramps with zero overnight security and haven't had a problem.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
There are very very few power boaters on Belton Lake If anyone happens to be up in the area, let me know! I am out almost every weekend.
We were there many years ago staying at some campground. We were needing ice so we went in a friends eliminator to the marina to get ice. On the way out we meet every bass boat that though they were fast. We ended up racing about 10 bass boats. We got back to the campground with less then a 1/2 bag of ice and the girls asking us what took us so long getting back.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, pretty small.....I can drive the whole lake is less than an hour in my tiny 16 wahoo. Gets packed with lake lice and other inexperienced drivers.........a lot like Lake Lewisville. Can get pretty dangerous on a holiday. Its sits between Grand Prairie and Duncanville. Lynn creek marina has a cool bar/restaurant (Oasis) with live music most eveyday during the summer weekends. Its is a pretty lake cause there are no lakehouses allowed and the hills of duncanville make for a nice almost mountain like backdrop.
Yeah, I leave the busy weekends for the weekend warriors, grab my bike and go riding! Much safer, and a lot less stressful!

Rick
Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
We were there many years ago staying at some campground. We were needing ice so we went in a friends eliminator to the marina to get ice. On the way out we meet every bass boat that though they were fast. We ended up racing about 10 bass boats. We got back to the campground with less then a 1/2 bag of ice and the girls asking us what took us so long getting back.
Yeah I ran into those guys a lot too when I first started going out with the Nordic there. They dont bother me really any more. Haha, that did make me chuckle though. Damn fishermen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.