Notices

Texas chat!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 38 X
Who running the Texas Outlaw run in Clearlake next month?
We'll be there. Rooms booked. Will register 1st of June.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't missed a year yet!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jay ,you still have that jet boat with the 427? Going to teach Ray to foil this summer out in that cove ,lots of opportunity for airial crash and burn vids lol
Old 05-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

Also I have started a Facebook page "Texas Powerboat Scene" so we can all post up runs, meet ups, or what have you. Y'all feel free to drop in and post on it! It's just getting started so any input to make it better would be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Sure wish I had a answer for you, but most every lake or resavor in Texas fluctuate pretty good. I was on Texoma yesterday fishing and it is low but still bootable, it's huge! I'll do some research or you unless someone else chimes In with more knowledge on the subject. Texas weather is pretty crazy, hot/humid summers, strange cold winters with some snow and ice at times but we can boat almost all year, and lots of hunting and fishing- lol

Sounds Like my kind of place! I have been in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston at various times of the year, and the abundance of boatable water, and common political views is what is attracting us to TX. Love to have some wooded land to play on thats close to several great boating locations, or an acre or 5 on a lake with a dock if I could afford it. Thanks for the updates!!
Jon
Old 05-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Registered

North of Houston would be ya spot then! Got three good lakes to play on, plus not far from open water, and a couple hours from more lakes in any direction!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38 X
North of Houston would be ya spot then! Got three good lakes to play on, plus not far from open water, and a couple hours from more lakes in any direction!
I second that. I'd even say North of The Woodlands. Unless you like crowds and traffic.

You better get that land quick cause the prices are rocketing and going fast.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by airjunky
Jay ,you still have that jet boat with the 427? Going to teach Ray to foil this summer out in that cove ,lots of opportunity for airial crash and burn vids lol
LOL, you let me know when you get Ray's ass out there so I can get some good footage! Traded the jetboat for an ultralight plane. Have had it for a year and havent flown it yet. Starting to think about getting rid of it. Have a good one! Jay
Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Lake Lewisville is down 7.5ft and it's going to drop another 3ft ON PURPOSE! Army Corps stated that another 3ft will be let out for the construction of the new I-35 bridges. My friend asked the Corps what about boating for the summer? Corps response, "Lake Lewisville is not about water recreation, it's about water management!"
Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Bert funny you just posted this I was going to text you and ask what is LL levels. I can not believe it is still down 7.5 ft even with the recent rains. Anyways its still better than Ft. Worth area lakes. Granbury still closed, Bridgeport still closed, PK low, Benbrook closed, Eagle Mountain low, Lake Whitney - Brazos River very low. These lakes add up to 80 % of my biz.. Have you seen Lake Texoma as well. Very low.

Last edited by BUP; 05-28-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.