Notices

Bourbon street

Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bourbon street

Never been, going for NYE, what places are awesome and what places suck! Where to eat and where to get a good bowl of hangover gumbo!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On bourbon, they're all great and they all suck. Gotta play it night by night. From canal st, you can get down to about the 700 block before it gets questionable (not that there's anything wrong with that lol). Bourbon Heat is about as far that way as you're gonna want to go and it's a pretty good bet upstairs most nights. Other than that, just pick one.

Btw- if anyone is gonna be in town next week and wants to drink, I'll be down Sunday through Thursday (16th - 20th) to do some Xmas shopping and my bday is Tuesday.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Registered

Razoos if fun..... Just wonder around, you will have a blast! Stop at Handgrenades and get a Handgrenade

700 block before it gets questionable... Ha! you will know when you here the music start changing and hear more than nomal whistling going on. HAAAYYYYYYY................
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,831 Likes on 717 Posts

Had one of my best vacations ever there.
We stayed at a place that was walking distance from the strip. Cajun is my favorite type of food and I told our clan that is what I would be eating while there and they either went along or on there own.
They hung for the first day while I ate it 3 times day for 7 days
Beware of the crime in the area. One of our crew had their room broke into and purse stolen. When we checked in I asked the manager and he pulled out a map and drew a circle of about a block outside of the strip and said not go beyond that boundary and especially at night. Our cab drivers told us the same.
Also being a huge Blues fan....., I was in heaven!
Loved that place. Have fun!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered

NOLA

great time.

have a hand-grenade, check out many bars. all kinds and great food as well
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

If you are staying in the Bourbon area, a great place that I visit almost every time down there is Felix's....they have all the Gumbo, Poboys, Etoufee you could want and it is right on Bourbon....not expensive and not the top of the line 5 star Cajun, but it is very good food! Got to get a hand grenade for sure, and go to Pat Obriens for the original "hurricane". Pat O's also has a cool patio and piano bar...fun place.

As far as crime, it's not all that bad.....just don't be caught walking off the beaten path by yourself....that is a target for bangers and drug dealers...they aren't really that bad and I even wandered waaaay off Bourbon myself one night in college and made it out without a scratch.

Have fun!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

thanks for the info!!! It should be a blast!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

What type of atmosphere are you looking for? They have everything from A to Z.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Have a place in the quarter. You better places to eat are off bourbon street! I'll get a list of places to eat made up for you. Some of the New Orleans people may chime in also. I never go with out stoping at " no ya momma's" "clover grill" or "port of call" for a burger. Breakfast "camellia grill". gumbo shop, Cort of two sisters, acme, Dennie's, Napoleon house, k pall's, dicky Brannon's, and I'll add more when they come to mind
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by brett_p
What type of atmosphere are you looking for? They have everything from A to Z.
non gettho!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.