Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Progress on plan to lower Lake Conroe >

Progress on plan to lower Lake Conroe

Notices

Progress on plan to lower Lake Conroe

Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember hearing of those repairs then, I wonder what they did,.deep riprap repairs perhaps
I do remember the water release after Rita for repairs.
One thing I always thought was peculiar is that I never remember hearing the lake was releasing water to Lake Houston for the city during the drought other than the minimal courtesy flow we see under the freeway bridge. I guess Lake Livingston was doing OK providing water for Houston.
I do agree on the 180's if we were drawing water from the new line. I'll bet The Woodlands has the highest irrigation usage per square foot of yard space in our state. 90% of the homes I work at here use way to much water for their sprinkler systems and I saw a complete disregard by many for consrvation compliance when it was placed into effect.
I do believe that with the water In Rayburn and the current pipeline to the Woodlands we could keep Conroe at a reasonable level utilizing the new pipe in a reverse flow when needed and going back to drawing from Conroe during drought periods. I'd bet it's 5 times larger and probably has 10 to 15 times the water capacity.

See ya,
Kelly