Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   South Central US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us-225/)
-   -   Kemah TOC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us/311728-kemah-toc.html)

foosdaddy 05-01-2014 07:03 AM

Kemah TOC

I went to Kemah a few weeks back to check the place out for the upcoming Texas Outlaw Challenge. I launched the boat under the bridge. Everything went really well. Nice place.

Question: Has anyone had any issues leaving their trucks and trailers parked under the bridge? As of now that's what I'm planning to do as the offsite condo I reserved doesn't have much for parking a boat trailer. I think in the past I've read that people do normally keep their rigs under the bridge without issue.

Thanks.

Brady

firehill19 05-01-2014 07:16 AM

Brady, I believe they had 24 hr security there last year. I know lots of boats were kept there in the evenings. They also had a washdown area there that i believe you paid someone to do it for ya.

T-RAV 05-01-2014 08:39 AM

I've left my rig there a few times after having to many bushwhackers. Never had a issue. Kemah pd patrols it pretty regularly.

Somethin' Sexy 05-01-2014 09:15 AM

I lauch there all the time and leave my truck and trailer over the weekend, never had an issue. For TOC, however, there is hired 24 hour security.

foosdaddy 05-01-2014 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by T-RAV (Post 4115367)
I've left my rig there a few times after having to many bushwhackers. Never had a issue. Kemah pd patrols it pretty regularly.

Bushwhackers? Where do you get those from?

The wife and I noticed a bar called Outriggers, I think if I remember right. Looked like my kinda place. The wife said no way is she going to stand on that upper balcony or under it. It looked ready to colapse. We only seen it from the water and didn't go inside. Had the kids with us. For the TOC we'll get to participate in adult activities. Looking forward to it.

Sounding like a proper event is being held.

foosdaddy 05-01-2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by firehill19 (Post 4115324)
Brady, I believe they had 24 hr security there last year. I know lots of boats were kept there in the evenings. They also had a washdown area there that i believe you paid someone to do it for ya.

Have the boat washed down prior to towing home? That sounds great!!!

If I'd had known that I'd have prob rented the condo for that Saturday night as well. I was wanting to get home Saturday night to clean the boat on Sunday before leaving for work on Monday. Didn't want to spend half a day in the Texas heat cleaning the boat with a hangover, if you know what I mean.

TooTall 05-01-2014 03:13 PM

the parking lot has been completely repaved, so it's nice now. Kemah police regularly patrol the area (more like camp out). There's a small pontoon ferry that operates on the weekends to The Aquarium Restaurant, so there's plenty activity going on. The coast guard is at the ramp on holidays doing "checks" on the dock it self.

Second choice would be next door to Endeavor marina (dry stack storage) there's a grass lot there. Several trailers were left there over the weekend.

Outriggers has cover bands there on the weekends. It gets packed. We go there ourselves before going to the Kemah water front. Upstairs is A/C, with a small patio area.On Saturday, you'll see 6-8 tied up, in 4 rows after coming back from from the Galveston run. Parking by car in the parking lot is a hit or miss, but they have an over flow area by the fish markets. Parking by boat is easy.

firehill19 05-02-2014 08:02 AM

Brady, Bushwackers from The Turtle Club is the ticket. Get an extra shot and your over the top! We did that a couple of months ago, by car though. Whew! Once you learn the area, lots of places to go and when you do the TOC, you will be going to alot of them to pic up your card. And remember, you can always dock on the bulkhead to the side of the Aquarium where the channel is that leads to the marina and let the kids have some fun. Outriggers is a great fun place. And for the TOC, we parked Toms trailer in the grassy area next to Endeavor and worked out great. But we were staying at hotel within walking distance from there.

T-RAV 05-03-2014 08:44 AM

Outriggers is family friendly we take the kiddos all the time. No kids you have to try a bushwhacker. I never do the extra shot. I don't need it nor do I think my liver could handle it especially after 17 of them.

foosdaddy 05-03-2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by firehill19 (Post 4115948)
Brady, Bushwackers from The Turtle Club is the ticket. Get an extra shot and your over the top! We did that a couple of months ago, by car though. Whew! Once you learn the area, lots of places to go and when you do the TOC, you will be going to alot of them to pic up your card. And remember, you can always dock on the bulkhead to the side of the Aquarium where the channel is that leads to the marina and let the kids have some fun. Outriggers is a great fun place. And for the TOC, we parked Toms trailer in the grassy area next to Endeavor and worked out great. But we were staying at hotel within walking distance from there.

Cool. Party at theTurtle Club that Thursday night 10 - 2 as per the schedule. I'll have my first Bushwacker.