75º At Conroe Tomorrow >

75º At Conroe Tomorrow

Notices

75º At Conroe Tomorrow

Old 02-16-2015, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Canyon Lake is North and West of New Bruenfels by about 17 miles. It sits almost halfway between San Antonio and Austin. Very clean lake as everyone has already mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails -canyon-lake.jpg  
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
Canyon Lake is North and West of New Bruenfels by about 17 miles. It sits almost halfway between San Antonio and Austin. Very clean lake as everyone has already mentioned.
Ah, that seems like an easy trip for a fun weekend. We might just have to check it out one of these days.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Lucky for me my wife is a cool lady, if anything she was probably pissed off at all the *****ing I was doing.

We live in Midtown, Houston and had to drive to Dickinson where the boat is. Traffic between Midtown and Clear Lake on the weekends is not fun when the weather is nice. Fueled up, hooked up and drove back north for an hour and half. Stopped at HEB in Conroe for some boat food and fuel. Drove to the ramp and then in the water. Enjoyed it for about an hour and a half and pulled her out. Lucky for us the scum ring wasn't too bad, but we still usually have 30-45 minutes of wiping down (OCD), strapping down and covering up. Then our WAZE app told us traffic was building going to the boardwalk area so we drove on 8 back west to 45. Unhooked the boat, put everything away and drove back Dickinson to Midtown for what turned out to be a good night's sleep.

I was kind of surprised at how dirty the lake was, especially in off season and since it was our first time there with the boat we didn't really know what to expect.

Where is Canyon? Did a quick search and something came up near Amarillo?
Ya, I can see 8 hours being eaten up pretty quick with all that ground and pound being covered.... At least you got some boat time.

Canyon lake is 175mi from Katy, up near New Braunfels. 45min NE of San Antonio airport. It is very nice, the water is low right now, still usable. It is my lake exclusively now as I have a place there and keep my boat there.......

Enjoy!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Registered

Rick, Conroe is the best we have around here. It might be a little more muddy with all the rain we've had, but pretty much it is what it is. When we decide to come south to party in the Clear Lake area, without a boat, we usually do it for the weekend. Hate to do a day trip anymore with all the traffic hangups. Canyon Lake is the best within a few hours drive time. I've never been there but definitely a clear beautiful lake, but not real big. Lake Travis has always been out favorite but the draught has killed it.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

T-RAV, I just tried sending you a PM but your box is full.

You wouldn't by chance still have that 23P prop you bought a few years ago?
Cleared out and no I sold it with the 25ol. You also had the added traffic of madi gras this weekend too which is never great.

Originally Posted by imartin
Amen to that T-Rav....Just need some rain up there, 11" low. You got your sights locked in on anything for the coming season??????
Just got this bad boy!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]537183[/ATTACH]

But in all seriousness, we haven't really even had time to look. We just got into the new house last week so I have been dealing with trying to get it all fixed up etc.
Attached Thumbnails -image.jpg  

Last edited by T-RAV; 02-16-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Cleared out and no I sold it with the 25ol. You also had the added traffic of madi gras this weekend too which is never great.
That is too bad, I'm kicking myself for selling it.

Our current prop has been labbed and still isn't right after a couple UPS rides, that prop for being stock with a nice cup was perfect.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
How's the new boat running Joe?
boat ran great, thanks for asking. I want to try some different props and change the stereo but I'm happy so far. The only issue is trailering. The ramp I use is steep and the trailer will not make the hump to get in. Broke the truck drive shaft the first time. Tried the marina tractor this last weekend but it wouldn't pull it out. Next try will be with a 14" raised hitch to get the trailer over. That should work (no, I will not pull it this way safety police)
Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Whitch ramp are you using? Inland marine is terrable! The one at lakeview was great, nice slope and pleanty long.
Good luck.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Whitch ramp are you using? Inland marine is terrable! The one at lakeview was great, nice slope and pleanty long.
Good luck.
Inland is the ramp. It is a steep ramp but the owner and I are good friends, the boat is kept there, and Mike at Inland is the best mercury mechanic in the area in my opinion. So buying a different hitch is not a huge deal.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

That is too bad, I'm kicking myself for selling it.

Our current prop has been labbed and still isn't right after a couple UPS rides, that prop for being stock with a nice cup was perfect.
I have a 23" LH Mirage plus stock, and a 26" Bravo 1 LH, if you need to try something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.