Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my boat came from there, I figured that there was some cool stuff down there
Old 07-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
There's usually 4-5 performance boats out on Lewisville each weekend. Not much distance to run, but you can get some nice chop to play in, and with the plethora of 45' to 60'+ cruisers out there, you can usually find some good wakes to play on. These were out Sunday, and that didn't include the 43' Scarab, the 43' Nor Tech or the 35' Cig that are usually out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557189[/ATTACH]
I was out Sunday and thought I saw the Nor Tech around 5ish...
Old 07-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no question many performance boats still exist in the area - albeit far less than 10 or 15 years ago when the Texoma poker runs were so popular. As stated in an earlier post, there are quite a few performance boats here in the Fort Worth area, but we still only see 1 or maybe 2 others on a normal day. We hear people talk about "the boat that was here last weekend", but since the lake was dead, they chose a different lake for the following weekend.

My point is simply to suggest developing some common dates, or even days of the month on each of the area lakes where everybody can meet up - like a car rally. It makes owning a performance boat more fun because of the shared interest. It can also help to promote buying one of these boats for those that want to participate in the "rally". While Texoma is certainly the best lake for a large gathering, many of the area lakes would make for great venues like Lake Lewisville, Grapevine, Eagle Mountain, Possum Kingdom, Granbury, Ray Hubbard, etc.. A simple calendar could show which lake is the rally spot for each weekend. That way everybody knows where the hot spot is, rather the hearing about the "boat that was here last weekend".

Anybody interested?
Old 07-14-2016, 11:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Maybe in Sept for me, I am too busy and its too hot to hang outside all day long even at the lake.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Registered

Was at Lake Texoma a few months ago picking up my next 405, what I saw was devastating. The lake looked like the Red River and was just awful, I would not like to put my boat in it much less go swimming. I am sure it was not polluted but the red mud must be a pain to get off. I was told by the broker that no one was coming out anymore and the boating was almost non existent because of all the flooding, there was debris floating everywhere. I sure hope that it can make a comeback.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CcanDo,
It was great meeting you both last weekend! Monica and I had a great time hanging out. We would be interested in something like that for sure. I cant say I would be able to make every one of them (I'm sure we all have that problem), but would make as many as possible. I am pretty sure Juan (my buddy with the 38 Special) would feel the same. Weather permitting I will be back out on eagle mountain this weekend. Talk to you soon!
Andy
Old 07-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone can get something together for Eagle Mt or Grandbury that would great. We hit hit up both usually once month in the summer. The few I boat with don't have much interest in lewisvile. PK is good idea too, it would be cool to meet some local OSO guys.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I kept trying to find info on that memorial Day run, but I never could get any response with details.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by anewway
I kept trying to find info on that memorial Day run, but I never could get any response with details.
This is a perfect example of how a calendar could help keep everyone informed.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My tub is just sitting in the dark up on Highport Road. Haven't had her out since January because the lake is so nasty. We , DFW CREW use to get together at different spots/area lakes back in the early 2000's and had big fun. Those guys have all moved on but it's a great idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.